1. Best book you read in 2013? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I thought I was going to hate it, but ended up liking it after all!
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people the most?
Kinslayer, hands down!
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Sadly I didn’t finish any newly discovered series this year. :( All of the sequels I read were books I’d read last year!
6. Favorite new author(s) you discovered in 2013?
Rick Yancey, Miriam Forster, John Green.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. It’s no secret that I despise Historical Fiction, so this one was definitely outside of my comfort zone. But, I was pleasantly surprised by how fantastically gory and monstrous it was!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Deception by C.J. Redwine. That book was INTENSE!
9. Book you read this year that you are most likely to re-read next year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read?
11. Most memorable character?
12. Most beautifully written book?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
*coughs* The Fault in Our Stars. What can I say, hype scares me!
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book read in 2012?
On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness, on the coldest days you have to seek out a spot of warmth; on the bleakest days you have to keep your own eyes onward and upward and on the saddest days you have to leave them open to let them cry. To then let them dry. To give them a chance to wash out the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again.
16. Shortest and longest books read?
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
18. Favorite relationship from a book read in 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc.)?
Umm. Probably still Buruu and Yukiko :)
19. Favorite book you read from an author you’ve read previously?
20. Best book you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else?
Honestly, I’ve never read a book just because someone recommended it to me. I don’t get many recommendations that I didn’t already have on my TBR list. And if someone did recommend something to me, I’d probably only read it if it sounded interesting or I really trusted the person’s opinion.
21. Genre you read the most from?
Probably sci-fi. I read a LOT of dystopian books this year!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read?
Jerrit from City of a Thousand Dolls! <3
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
City of a Thousand Dolls . Lol
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read?
Hmm. Probably Kinslayer! Jay Kristoff is great at imagery!
25. Book that was the most fun to read?
Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor. Zuzana is hilarious!
26. Book that made you cry, or nearly cry?
Kinslayer! And not just cry, but ugly cry. Like sobbing and snotting. No joke, it ripped my heart out :(
27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year, or when it came out?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Jeez, that’s hard! I’ve discovered a ton of amazing blogs and made some great new friends. I think one in particular would be A Bookish Heart, though! Asti is an awesome person and she has great discussions as well as creative and engaging posts. I also love her recaps every week because I can always find SO many other interesting blog posts to visit!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
Rant review: probably Between the Devil & the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Gush review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. I poured my heart and soul into that review!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion that you read on somebody else’s blog?
Inaccurately determining blog success @ Oh, Chrys!
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc)?
YALLfest! It was insane, but totally awesome!
6. Best moment of blogging?
When I met Julie Kagawa and she told me she knew who I was :)
7. Most popular post on your blog this year (whether it be by comments or views)?
Blogiversary Week: Name Change & Giveaway with 65 comments
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
Hmm…maybe Life of a Blogger: Favorite Bands :)
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc)?
Joseph-Beth in Cincinatti! They have tons of awesome events and it’s only an hour away from me.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
As for blogging, I wanted to have more discussion posts, keep to a regular schedule, and do more networking/commenting. I did the first two, and I did much better on the latter than last year!
As for reading, I wanted to ideally get to 150 books, but I only managed to read 100. I did awful on my challenges – I think I just took on too many! I only completed 4 out of my 7 challenges, you can see my overview post HERE.
1. One book you didn’t get to read in 2012 but will be #1 priority in 2013?
2. Book you are most anticipating for 2014?
If I had to pick just ONE book, it would be Talon by Julie Kagawa. 1) It’s Julie. Of course I’m going to want it. 2) It’s about DRAGONS! Julie Kagawa and dragons? Yes please!!
You can see my top 10 most anticipated releases in my Top Ten of 2012 post!
3. 2014 debut you are most anticipating?
4. Series ending you are most anticipating in 2014?
5. One thing you hope to do or accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2013?
Reading: Since I couldn’t make it to 150 books this year, I’m hoping I can at least exceed myself a little bit and make it to 125 books. If I have the time =/
Blogging: I want to keep up with my discussion posts and continue to stick to a regular schedule. I still want to do more networking and commenting, and I also want to stress less about having daily content.