My top five bands, in order:
1. Avenged Sevenfold: There is not a single piece of music they could make that I would not enjoy. I am so in love with their sound! I could listen to them all day, every day, and never get sick of it. The lead singer, M. Shadows, is my celebrity crush! I loooove the sound of his voice so hard! I’ve seen them twice in concert: In 2006 at X-Fest 11 (this is what made them my fave band – they’re epic in concert!) and last month in Cincinnati. If you didn’t already know, they’re the reason for my blog name! Hint: You can see why in my about page ;)
2. Linkin Park: These guys were my favorite band for years, until 2005 when I discovered Avenged Sevenfold via City of Evil. I could listen to every one of their albums over and over again! My love for their music has not faded at all over the years. I saw them last year in concert with Incubus, and that was the first time I ever hung out with my now-boyfriend!
3. Skillet: They have such powerful and uplifting lyrics, and I freaking love the fact their unique violin sound! I’ve seen them at least twice in concert. The first time I saw them with Thousand Foot Krutch at a local church, and I know they’ve been at X-Fest at least once.
4. Trapt: I love Chris’s voice! They make great love songs, btw. I saw them in concert last year at a local place called McGuffy’s, and I got to meet the band and get my shirt signed!
5. Theory of a Deadman: Same thing here: Loooove Tyler’s voice. Love their sound. I have to admit that I’m a little crestfallen after seeing them at McGuffy’s a couple months ago. I’m kind of in love with Tyler Connelly (well, I was anyway), and I was super excited that they were at McGuffy’s because it’s such a small venue and you can almost always meet the band after the show. But, I had to wait around for almost an hour before he finally came out (I had already gotten the rest of the band…they were super nice), and when I chased him down for an autograph, he brushed me off and acted like a total jerk, like I was beneath him and he couldn’t be bothered. I wanted to tell him that he was no one without his fans, but I was too shocked at his behavior! I can’t forget it, and he’s definitely lost much of his charm after that. I still love their music, though!
I’ve seen every one of my top 5 bands at least once in concert!
Other bands/artists I love are: Pendulum (if you like electronic, LOOK THEM UP. You can thank me later), Snow Patrol, Taproot (AWESOME in concert, and the lead singer took my phone to record a video from on stage!), Atreyu, Icon For Hire (got to meet Ariel – *ahem* girl crush – at a concert and I have a picture with her!), Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin, Downplay, Lady Gaga, and Three Days Grace.
Your turn! Make your own post telling everyone who your favorite bands are and link up! I encourage you all to participate ;)
Ideally, I want this to become meme style with many other bloggers participating so we can learn more about as many bloggers as possible! I’m sure it will take some time, but I hope you guys will be interested in joining.