2 month book haul
- Bluescreen by Dan Wells (Edelweiss)
- Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan (EW)
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine (EW)
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth (Netgalley)
- Handmade bracelet set by The Trashy Crafter
Thank you to the Trashy Crafter for sending me these beautiful bracelets! I’m hosting a giveaway for a set of them, you can check it out here. There’s also a 20% off code :)
- Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
- Grappling hook (awesome, right?!)
- Red nail polish
- Harry Potter Illustrated
I got both of these books as part of the Instagram campaign. Thank you Big Honcho Media for inviting me to participate in these awesome campaigns!!
- Unnatural Creatures by Neil Gaiman
- Furious by Jill Wolfson
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young (original cover)
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
- Code by Kathy and Brendan Reichs
- The Taking by Kimberly Derting
- The Dark Ground by Gillian Cross
- Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- The Murmurings by Carly Anne West
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
- Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano
I paid $1 each for all of these ;D
Owlcrate box (October):
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- A Madness So Discreet poster
- Letter from Mindy McGinnis
- Edgar Allen Poe-lka dot zipper pouch
- Sugar skull eraser set
- CraftedVan witch and skeleton bookmarks
- “Vampire’s Lair” scent pack from Adventure Scents
This was my first ever OwlCrate box and I am super happy with it! I’ve been eyeballing this book for some time now, and Mindy is going to be at YALLfest next weekend so it was perfect timing!
Fandom of the Month Club boxes:
September – Percy Jackson theme
- Pegasus necklace
- Trident ring
- Percy Jackson minimalist magnet from HalfBloodPrints
- Purple Schwings
October – Supernatural theme
- Wings ring
- License plate earrings
- Supernatural necklace with gun and dagger
- Supernatural minimalist magnet from HalfBloodPrints
Posts on the blog:
- Review: Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
- Review: Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- 3rd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon Wrap Up
- Review: Gambit by C.L. Denault
- Review: The Fire Wish by Amber Lough
- Mini Review: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Review: Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson
- Review: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Review: We’ll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
- Series Review: Darkglass Mountain by Sara Douglass
- DNF Review: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman Blog Tour: Review & Giveaway
- BBCP: Get to Know Team Orange!
- Review: Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Etsy Shop Feature, Review, & Giveaway: The Trashy Crafter
- Mini Reviews: The Lotus War Novellas by Jay Kristoff
- Tips for YALLfest (Updated)
- Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Other than me being gone for two freaking months?? Well, I participated in the #BBCP – Book Blogger Creativity Project – and was featured over at Books and Prejudice. Thanks to Nori for putting that together, it was fun!
I did manage to miss my 4 year blogiversary while I was away. *sigh* Sorry I didn’t do anything special for it, guys! Happy blogiversary to meeee.
I also made a page for all of the authors I’ve met! I’ve been to 15 events and met 41 different authors. Awesome, right?! I’m about to add to it next week, I’m going to YALLfest! I’m SO freaking excited! (I posted some tips for it!)
Is anyone else going to YALLfest??
What I’ve been up to the past two months:
Oh goodness. Anything and everything, I suppose. There hasn’t been much exciting happening. The only new thing to report is I now have a new boyfriend! We’ve only officially been together a couple of weeks now, but I was close to him as friends before that. He’s pretty awesome :)
What else? Hmm. I didn’t do anything for Halloween sadly. I really missed celebrating the holiday this year :( I’ve had a bit of drama from a couple people in life, but other than that things are going smoothly. Some financial stress, but that’s the norm for me these days XD Nothing really to complain about. Life is good!
Side note: I am also down to 155 lbs – I’ve lost almost 30 lbs since April! Weeee! I’m able to get to the third notch in my belt now (when before I could barely do it at the first notch), and I can fit into some clothes that I haven’t worn in years. Makes me feel pretty good!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
You got a lot of new stuff there. I can’t believe all the books you got at your library sale, what a bargain! In the shadow of blackbirds is amazing. I also loved A madness so discreet and the illustrated version of Harry Potter is just the best. Happy belated blogoversary Jessi! I missed having you around. I’m happy you have a new guy in your life, I wish you two all the best :) Also, great job with losing that weight!
Just an incredible wow of awesomeness!! Hope you enjoy all the lovely new books and bookish additions!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Weee, I love your posts, and am glad you’re back =) I’ve been slack about blogging lately, and about visiting others’ blogs, but am trying to be better. I’ve enjoyed your Harry Potter reviews though =) Great haul, and glad to hear that things are going well with you xoxox Can’t wait to hear all about YALLfest! And happy blogoversary! I think I just missed mine too — whoops! And BIG congrats about the weight loss too — what a great accomplishment!
I debated about coming to this post. On the one hand, I love to revel in bookish loveliness. On the other hand, I was worried about becoming jealous as h-e-double-toothpicks. I was right!
What is this Fandom of the Month?
Welcome back and congrats on the new boyfriend!! Hope everything goes well. :)