Last week I posted about potentially changing Heartbeat Weekly to Heartbeat Monthly. I want to thank everyone who commented for helping with the change, I really appreciate the feedback! I’ve decided to go ahead and run with Heartbeat Monthly. I wasn’t posting consistently every week anyway, and I really want to do a full wrap up and add some fun stats in my wrap ups!
Shown here is only the second half of the month’s haul. For the first half you can see my last Heartbeat Weekly post!
- January “Adventures in Ketterdam” Flick the Wick box – I will never get sick of Angeline’s candles!! Her boxes are PHENOMENAL. I rep for her, use my code JESSI10 to save 10%!
- Bloodmark saga swag box – THANK YOU to Aurora Whittet and Kate Tilton for sending this beautiful box!! It also included an awesome t-shirt but I forgot to include it in the unboxing because I was wearing it when I took the photo XD
- January “Royal Pains” Shelflove Crate (rep box – use my code NOVELH when you subscribe!) – this box was AMAZING! The scarf is my new favorite thing (I am obsessed with skulls!!) and I carry a cup of water with me daily so the mug is perfect! Of course the candle smells amazing and the print is gorgeous. I can’t wait to read the book!
January wrap up
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor (AUDIO, re-read) – ★★★★★+
- Furyborn (The Empirium #1) by Claire Legrand – DNF
- Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston – ★★★
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – ★★★★
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – ★★★★
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young – ★★★★
- Saga, Volume 7 by Brian K. Vaughan – ★★★★½
- Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) by Jay Kristoff (reread) – ★★★★★+
- A Thousand Endings and Beginnings anthology – ★★★½
Pages read: 3,296
Average rating: 3.6
Favorite book read in January: Stormdancer
Least favorite book read in January: Furyborn
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
- I’m Bringing Back My Reading Bingo Challenge for 2018!
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- Bout of Books 21: Goals & Progress!
- Heartbeat Weekly (102): December Haul
- 2018 Goals & Resolutions
- Heartbeat Weekly (103) & Bout of Books Wrap Up
- Should I Change Heartbeat Weekly into Heartbeat Monthly?
- Books I Re-Read Recently Via Audio (2nd edition)
What I’ve been up to this month
Wow, January FLEW by!! I’ve stayed busy this month, and I have to say that I’m rather proud of myself because I’ve been doing a superb job of balancing my hobbies this month. Ever since I started the candle shop a little over a year ago, I’ve felt like candles have kind of taken over my life. I’m finally at a point now where I can pre-pour candles and keep a stock of inventory ready to ship, rather than scrambling to do made to order candles. I love it!! It’s really freed up my time to do other things. For example:
- I’ve been trying to revive the blog – I really miss it. I talked a little about my goals for the blog this year in my 2018 Goals & Resolutions post, and I’ve already crossed one goal off the list – catch up on reviews! I’m finally caught up after a full year of slacking. I really want to start posting at least twice a week – ideally, a Top Ten Tuesday post and 1-2 reviews every week!
- I’ve been better at bookstagramming. The past few months I’ve been super inconsistent, going as long as a week without a single post. It really hurt my stats. I’ve been doing pretty good about posting daily! I missed a couple of days here and there due to being too busy to take photos, but otherwise I’m doing great!
- I’VE BEEN READING! Oh my god it feels so good. I’ve made it a point to sit down and read at least a little bit almost every single day. I’m so proud of myself!
January bookstagram highlights
Here are some of my favorite posts for the month! My main highlight of this month, though? I was chosen as a Fairyloot rep!! AHHHHH!!!! Fairyloot is my absolute favorite box, I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to promote it!!
- Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff (reread)
- Endsinger by Jay Kristoff (reread)
- Child of a Mad God by R.A. Salvatore (for review)
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (buddy read w/ @enchantedwithwords)
- Contagion by Erin Bowman (buddy read w/ @cbookaddiction)
I’d really love to read at least 6-7 books this month. This is what I know I want to read, after that I’ll probably pull from my TBR jar!