I typically hate making New Year’s resolutions because it’s my belief that you should do so throughout the whole year! But I do still love them because it’s good motivation!
- Read more. Last year I only read twenty books. That is positively abysmal for me!! I used to read 100+ books a year, and at my peak I read almost 150. I set my Goodreads challenge goal at 25 so that I won’t be disappointed if I fall behind, but this year I’d really love to read 50 books! My ideal goal is to read one book a week!
- Stop accepting/requesting review copies I won’t read. I’m usually pretty good about being extremely selective with these, but I downloaded quite a few last year that are still sitting on my TBR and I have little desire to read them. It feels like an unnecessary obligation!
- Clean up existing review copies. I’d love to get to 100% on NetGalley and Edelweiss again!
- Venture outside my reading bubble. I fell into a very deep YA fantasy and sci-fi rut in 2017. I didn’t read a single contemporary! While those two genres are my comfort zone, and my favorites, I’d really like to branch out this year and read some contemporary and Adult books! Actually, I really want to read some Adult fantasy!
- Blog more! In the past couple of years I’ve really let the blog go in favor of bookstagram. Really, having the candle shop ate up all my other hobbies. But in the past week I’ve been blogging again and it made me realize how much I miss it! I will probably never be back to full time like I used to be, but I’d love to be more active on here.
- Catch up on reviews. I am SO behind on book reviews! I have about 12 that I never wrote last year, heh.
- Bring back some old blog events. I kinda missed my opportunity to bring back the Sequel Challenge (something to shoot for in 2019?), but I’d love to bring back one of the readathons I used to do, and maybe even a meme!
- Be more consistent and active on bookstagram. I’ve been terrible lately! December really threw me off. I miss the bookstagram community :(
- Be a better rep. I’ve also let my rep positions slack as of late. I feel like I haven’t been doing such a great job and I hate it. I want to post twice a week for all of them!
- Accept less obligations. I have a bad habit of not being able to say no to promo requests, and while I have great intentions, I tend to forget or slack on things and it gets put off. I hate feeling like I’m letting people down!!! I need to learn how to say no!
- Get better at returning comments and interaction. I’ve been SO bad lately – I do read them, but I tend to get busy and forget to return them. And I don’t want people to feel like I don’t appreciate their comments, because I really do! The fact that anyone cares about what I have to say makes what I do worthwhile. I want to be more appreciative to that this year!
- Do away with made to order on the shop. I have really loved having a stock built up and ready to go. It makes life SO much easier, and cuts down on how long my customers have to wait. I’m bad about doing restocks as made to order because people want the product. I want to start pre-pouring my restock items and new candle releases!
- Be healthier. I seriously let myself go last year. I’m at the highest weight I’ve ever been, and I am extremely unhappy with myself and where I’m at. I feel like crap all of the time because I eat like crap. I really want to get back into making protein shakes as meal replacements every other day or so, and eat more fruits and veggies as snacks instead of junk. I’ve also resolved to start going back to the gym, I’m SO out of shape! I miss feeling strong. I think if I could get into shape and eat healthier, I would feel better.
- Lose 20+ pounds. This goes with the last one. I would love to be back down to what I used to be (looking at old photos of myself KILLS me), but I’d be happy just to lose 20 pounds. Ideally I’d love to lose 40 by the end of the year, but I don’t want to set my expectations too high.
- Save more money. I have some seriously terrible spending habits. I really need to crack down on myself and quit spending so much. Having a bit of a cushion in savings would be amazing.
- Pay off 1 credit card. Let’s face it, my credit card debt is embarrassing. I really want to start working toward getting rid of it.
- Stay organized. I bought an Erin Condren planner last fall (best. planner. EVER!) and I’ve been doing pretty good keeping up with it the last couple of months. I love it so much! I get my stickers from BeaYOUtiful Planning, hers are the absolute best I’ve found and have everything I need. It’s fun AND keeps me organized!