Last week’s topic: Christmas!
This week’s topic: New Years!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
So, New Year’s traditions. Growing up, we did a lot of stuff every New Year!
- My mom baked a cake and put a ring in it. Whoever got the piece with the ring would have good luck (or something like that).
- We would write our resolutions on a piece of paper and put them in the fire. (Don’t ask me why)
- We all lit tealights and floated them in a bowl of water. Whoever’s candle lasted the longest won.
- There was something with putting things in the Christmas tree, but I honestly can’t remember what >.<
- We watched the ball drop together!
Now, we don’t really do those things. But we do still spend the evening with family and watch the ball drop together. And, of course, my fiancé and I have a kiss at midnight ;)