I only got one book this week, and to tell you the truth I’m too lazy to take a picture of one book by itself. So I will include it in next week’s post!
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews talks about the incorrect use of languages in books
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy gives us a few important things to remember
- Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer compares reviews and discussions
- Sophia @ Loving Lit talks about cliches in romance
- Melissa @ Writer Grrl Reads discusses starting new series
- Eileen @ Singing & Reading in the Rain wants to know if hype turns you off
- Ashley @ Nose Graze explains why you shouldn’t use blockquotes just to make pretty boxes
- Becca @ Pivot Book Reviews gives us 10 perks of being an introvert (LOVE this!)
- Kelly @ Pretty Little Reader talks about commenting
- Ashley @ Nose Graze tells us 10 excuses she makes for not exercising (I totally do this)
- Jen & April @ The Starry-Eyed Revue discuss bad author behavior
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews gives us bloggers a little reminder (I really, REALLY needed this!)
- Sydney @ Utterly Bookish asks if life slump = book slump (for me it does)
- Nicole @ The Quiet Concert talks about the not so glamorous side of ARCs
- Ashley @ Nose Graze shares some BEA tips
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews compares the difference between inspiration and copying
Honestly, blogging has been…daunting…lately. I really struggled with it this past week; to tell you the truth, there were a couple days where I was feeling like it’s all kind of pointless. I’ve put so much work, so much time, and so much effort into this blog, and for what? Does anybody even care what I have to say? Are my discussions a waste of time? I feel like I’ve tried so hard lately to be original and stand out, yet it still means nothing. How many people actually know who I am? Will I ever compare to esteemed bloggers that everybody in this community knows and looks up to? I’m ashamed to even share these thoughts with you guys, but I need to get it out. I am disappointed (in myself) that I feel this way, because that is not why I blog and I don’t know why I’m suddenly dwelling on these things. And because I’ve been feeling negative about it, it hasn’t been any fun this week and I’ve been thinking about taking a hiatus. I don’t want to quit by any means, but maybe I just need to take a step back for a while to clear my head. Who knows. Nothing is official yet, but if these feelings don’t go away in the next week or two, that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll let you guys know when I figure it out.
I do want to thank those few of you who I know do care, the ones that have stuck with me through everything. I really appreciate you.
Not gonna lie, I’ve been feeling kind of low lately, which I think is what led to my blogging apathy. I think it’s this awful weather that’s depressing me. Hopefully a week in warm, sunny Florida will help!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!