Books I got this week
From the signing:
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
- Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
- School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys anthology (April Genevieve Tucholke)
- Eona by Alison Goodman (ARC)
- Slasher Girls & Monster Boys poster (signed by April)
- Penguin Teen on Tour poster, signed by all authors (Karen Bao wasn’t there)
- Signed Rebel Belle, Ember, & Rebel bookmarks
- Wink Poppy Midnight & Dark Days Club fan bookmarks
- Rebel of the Sands stickers
- Penguin Teen sticker
- Penguin Teen book flags
I bought the Ember paperback at the bookstore; ordered Slasher Girls, Rebel Belle, Miss Mayhem, and Rebel from Amazon; and all the rest I already owned.
In the mail:
- Talon by Julie Kagawa, German edition
Julie was kind enough to send me a copy after I mentioned that I was looking for it at the signing a couple weeks ago. THANK YOU JULIE!!! You’re the best ever!!
Fandom of the Month Snape tribute box:
- Snape minimalist magnet from HalfBloodPrints
- Always window decal
- “The ones that love us never really leave us” postcard
- “Property of the Half Blood Prince” goodie bag
- “Always” quote bracelet
- Snape earrings
- “394” ring
- “Look at me” tears bottle necklace with lily and doe charms
Some of the proceeds went to St. Jude’s. I am so glad I participated in this, the box is absolutely stunning!
From the library:
Posts on the blog:
- [21 Mar] The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton ★
- [25 Mar] Golden Son by Pierce Brown ★★★★
- [27 Mar] Heartbeat Weekly (76): Penguin Teen on Tour Event
Favorite posts this week:
What I’ve been up to this week:
This has been an insane week! I had a blast at the signing (recap below), but other than that the week was pretty stressful. The event was the highlight of the week for sure! Work has been ridiculousness lately because of spring break coming up. We’ve been crazy booked!
I also had a fender bender this week. It was pretty embarrassing, really – I backed into a coworker’s car when I went to leave for lunch on Thursday. That is something I have NEVER done in my 12 years of driving! I can’t believe I did it, it was a total newbie mistake. I never even did something stupid like that when I was 16 years old for crying out loud. Our parking lot is almost always totally empty, and nobody ever parks behind me so I’m not used to there being a car to maneuver around. To be honest, I didn’t even look. And I backed up…er, with confidence. Ha. Her car isn’t too bad – just some scuffs on the bumper and I busted out her plastic fog light. Mine, on the other hand – heh. It’s pretty bad! I got hung up on her car and had to scrape my way out, so my entire passenger side is messed up. There’s a very large scrape down the side of the rear passenger door, and a pretty good dent and a bit of a hole on the back fender. *sigh* Thankfully insurance is fixing it for me so I don’t have to worry about it. I just hope I have accident forgiveness and they take my history into account so my rates don’t skyrocket >.<
Penguin Teen on Tour Event
This was such an awesome event! I don’t usually get many awesome things come close to where I live (Ohio is lame), and when there is an event it’s usually just one author. So I was pretty stoked to have five come to the Joseph Beth near me! I’ve been wanting to get my Hex Hall books signed forever, so I was really excited about Rachel Hawkins. She’s actually the main reason I went, since I haven’t really read any of the other authors and I’d already met Sabaa at YALLfest last year.
The panel was fun! All the ladies had really good chemistry together and they made it a fun experience full of laughs. Some things I learned:
- Alison Goodman is from Australia (and was totally rocking the epic Aussie accent) and Alwyn Hamilton is from Canada
- Sabaa Tahir avoids trees habitually because her mother told her growing up that djinn live in them
- Sabaa also said that her mom has crazy home remedies for everything (and joked about eye of newt being in a recipe)
- Rachel Hawkins is the only one of the group who had no say in her audio narrators. She also said that she hasn’t listened to it because she’s picky about accents and she couldn’t handle it if the southern accent sounds fake!
- Most of them were really happy with their cover designs. Rachel said she had no say whatsoever, and most of the other ladies had the chance to veto theirs if they didn’t like it. Alison and Sabaa both had problems with their original covers because of clothing/physical aspects of the characters being incorrect
- Alison Goodman is possibly tossing around ideas for a third Eon book
Bottom left: Myself with Rachel Hawkins
Bottom right: Myself with Sabaa Tahir (WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO LOOK SO TALL AND GORGEOUS)
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
Niiice!!! I just saw these ladies on Friday mysef!! Was SO excited to see them all! Glad they came your way too!! And oooh a German edition of Talon!! Is that one you’re collecting? It’s a very cool cover! I wish I knew German enough to grasp this one! LOL! Very nice! Happy Reading!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
So so jealous! I wish the tour was coming to my town. :-( But the closest is in St. Louis, and this time of the year I can’t drive that far and be back in time for school the next day and be awake enough to work! Awesome haul, and the event sounds awesome as well!
Check out my Sunday Post
It looks like you had a great week! The tour looks awesome! Happy Reading all your new books!
OMG! It looks like you had such a fantastic time at that event!! Hope you enjoy your new goodies! ♥