2 week book haul
From the signing:
- The Nightmare Dilemma by Mindee Arnett
- The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett
- Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke
- Signed swag from both authors
- Pins from the Dissonance series
From the publisher:
- Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (not pictured)
- Hunter by Mercedes Lackey (NG)
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (NG)
- Gambit by C.L. Denault (NG)
- We’ll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean (EW)
From Ashley Mansour (for being in The Hundred):
- “Keep books alive” tote
- A pencil
- Blood Ink Fire stickers (not pictured, oops)
- A hand written postcard
This was such a thoughtful package, thank you Ashley!
June Fandom of the Month box:
- “All magic comes with a price dearie” bag
- Fantasy charm bracelet
- “Once upon a time” book necklace
- Pumpkin & carriage ring
- Fandom of the Month Club Member postcard
Posts on the blog:
- The Nightmare Charade Blog Tour: Review & Giveaway ★★★★
- 3rd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon Sign Ups
- Mini Review: Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter ★★★★½
Mindee Arnett & Erica O’Rourke Signing
I was so excited to go to a signing this week! It’s actually only been a month or so since I went to Julie’s workshop, but it feels like forever ago! I drove down to Cincinnati for this one. I’ve seen Mindee a couple times before, but it was awesome to see her again! I had the last two Arkwell Academy books that needed signed, so it gave me an excuse to go. I got there a little late because of the nasty Cinci traffic, and when I sat down I was surprised to see Kristen Simmons in the crowd! She recognized me and waved (best feeling ever)!
The panel was fun, of course. There was a lot of rambling about horses and dogs – apparently Erica has an imaginary future dog in her mind with a personality and everything haha! They talked a little about everything – their writing processes (Mindee is a pantser and Erica is a planner), and what books they’d just read and enjoyed (Mindee: Uprooted by Naomi Novik, Erica: something really weird about cities? XD). Mindee confessed that she started The Nightmare Charade weeks after the deadline. I asked how they felt about reviews – helpful, or stay far, far away? – and both agreed that they stay far away (good idea!). Mindee has always been entertaining when I’ve seen her, and Erica had a lot of charisma, too! It was fun to hear them talk about their experiences as authors. After the signing I got to talk to Kristen for a little bit!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!