Last week’s topic: New Year’s
This week’s topic: Scars
Topic suggested by Asti @ Oh the Books!
Oh goodness, I am covered in scars! I work with animals and have been for almost 8 years. Getting bitten and scratched is just an occupational hazard! I’ve got many little scars from scratches; so many that I couldn’t tell you where each one came from. There are, however there are a few larger scars that I remember very clearly:
- One on my left knee, where I fell on the blacktop at recess in 4th grade and split my knee open. I had to have butterfly bandages to hold it together! If it had been much worse, I would have had to have stitches. (I’ve never had them, btw!)
- On the back of my left hand, where a little poodle mix named Teddy bit me out of nowhere while I was grooming him years ago.
- On my left shin, I have a very large and dark scar running all the way across where a German Shepherd mix named T bit the SHIT out of me sometime last year. I was putting him back in his cage, and when I went to take the leash off, he lunged for my face. Out of pure reflex, I used my leg to push him back (to protect my face!) and he bit my leg instead -___- This is the worst dog bite I’ve ever had!
- On my left arm (why are all these on the left side? I’m right side dominant!), I have a scar from a really deep puncture wound from a dog bite that just happened a couple months ago, by a large brindle mix named Kira.
- On the tip of my middle finger on my right hand, I’m missing a small part of fingerprint. I went to close and lock a pair of nail clippers and caught my finger in them, taking off a chunk of the tip of my finger. Warning: Nail clippers are REALLY sharp, lmao!
- On my right thumb, 2 on the top and 1 on the bottom. I was putting the collar on a dog named Zeke and a 90 lb rottie named Grantham decided to neck bite and caught my finger instead!
That’s all I can think of!