Books I got this week
- The Deep by Nick Cutter (Edelweiss)
From the library:
- Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff
- Mortal Danger by Anne Aguirre
- Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- Free to Fall by Lauren Miller
It has been FOREVER since I got a book from the library! And I was the first to get these copies, so they’re all shiny and new :)
Posts on the blog:
- [25 Aug] Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini ★★½
- [28 Aug] Life of a Blogger: Fears
- [29 Aug] Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White ★★★
- [31 Aug] Heartbeat Weekly (29): Health and Facebook
I wanted to thank everyone who gave their input on my Novel Thoughts: Are Facebook pages actually useful? post. I got a lot of great feedback on that! The conclusion I’ve drawn from the discussion is:
Facebook pages are pretty pointless, but there’s no sense in deleting it since I have it already. I just don’t need to invest much time and effort in it because the reach is pitiful. I have decided to keep it, but I probably won’t do anything with it anymore.
Also, it’s the last day of the Beat the Heat Readathon! Look for a wrap up post tomorrow instead of my usual review. We’re sad to see it end, but it will be back next year :)
What I’ve been up to this week:
Working, trying to make time for reading, and the same old stuff.
However, I did decide that I need to take charge of my personal health and start taking better care of myself. I woke up at 4:30 am on Thursday and was wide awake, so I got up and went to the gym for the first time in about 4 months. I was doing really well at the beginning of the year – eating better, going to the gym a couple times a week, and I quit drinking Dew completely – but since the house hunting and moving in and all that, I’ve let myself slip. And I can seriously tell in the way my clothes fit. I had actually started losing inches there for a while in April after my efforts for the first few months. Now I have trouble fitting into any of my clothes, and it’s not a good feeling. While sitting the other day, I looked down and realized…I look pregnant. And I most certainly am not. I am not okay with this! I need to get rid of this awful belly.
I have also been getting a lot of headaches, resulting in nausea and discomfort. I feel crappy all the time, I’m always tired, and my mood and mental health aren’t the greatest these days. I need to do something about it.
My tentative health plan
(I say tentative because I hate making rules and obligations for myself. That makes me not want to follow through)
- Get back to healthier eating. Not a diet, hell no. But I want to go back to eating carrots with ranch, applesauce, and yogurt as snacks instead of fatty snack foods. I want to cut out fast food, because I’ve been bad about that lately. It’s just convenient. I need to plan my work lunches ahead and make sure they’re all packed so I don’t forget or get lazy and have to resort to fast food.
- Get back to the gym. I want to go 2 days a week minimum, preferably 3 days.
- Get my eyes checked. I know my vision is getting worse and worse, and I haven’t been to the eye doctor since I was probably 13 or 14. I know I need glasses, and that’s been making me put it off. I don’t want to pay for it, and I don’t want the hassle, but I’m 95% sure that’s what’s causing my headaches and nausea.
- Get a physical. Again, something I haven’t done since I was 13. I want to make sure there’s no problems I’m unaware of. I also want to talk to the doctor about my constant fatigue.
- Find a therapist. I’m not comfortable admitting this to the general public, but I need one. I have a lot of issues and I’m sick of feeling angry and depressed all the time. I might need anxiety meds or something, too.
- Go to the damn dentist. I have a very huge fear of dentists because of how bad my teeth are. The last time I went was a nightmare, and it scared me away from going back. But I need to do something about it. I don’t want ugly teeth on my wedding date, and time is ticking away. I need to figure out the logistics of getting braces, or dental surgery, or whatever the hell I have to get to fix my awful smile.
- See a chiropractor. I’ve been having back problems on and off for months, and I think it’s just a muscle but it causes a lot of discomfort.
Overall, I just want to make some changes for a healthier, happier life.