- Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff – I would sell my firstborn child for this book. I’d anticipate anything by Jay (hence why Obsidio is #2 on this list) but a promise of a totally new and exciting world from him is to DIE for!
- Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – I can’t get enough of the Illuminae Files, it’s one of my all time fave series!
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – another sequel in an all time fave series! Red Rising was INCREDIBLE and I desperately need more!
- Inferno by Julie Kagawa – Julie is my second favorite author (second only to Jay) and I loooove her Talon saga! Can’t wait to see what twists and turns come next!
- ISAN by Mary Ting – International. Sensory. Assassin. Network. Um, YES PLEASE.
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – 90% major cover lust! The other 10% is because I’ve heard awesome things and my book twin Christy (@cbookaddiction on Insta) loved it!
- Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi – NEED. MORE. WARNER.
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – I’ve enjoyed everything Mindee has written so far, so I’m SUPER excited for this new book! And the cover is freaking gorgeous too *heart eyes*
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – aliens!!! I’m so excited to see what these awesome ladies write together next!
- Sanctuary by Caryn Lix – Alien meets the Darkest Minds?! YES x100000. You have big shoes to fill.
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian – to be completely honest I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a Jessi book. It kind of screams “generic fantasy” to me, but the cover is so gorgeous I can’t help lusting after it anyway!
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – The only reason this is last on the list and not in my top 5, where it would have been at one point, is because I already have it and I’m halfway through. And I’m not enjoying it very much. SAD FACE. But before I got my hands on it I was DYING for it so I feel like it still needs to make the list!
Looking back at my most anticipated 2017 releases
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★+
- Legion by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★★
- Seeker by Veronica Rossi – ★★★★½
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell – haven’t read yet
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★+
- Hunted by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – tried to read and wasn’t in the mood
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh – ★★★★½
- Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan – haven’t read yet
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop – started to read and lost interest :(
- Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis – haven’t read yet
- Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber – ★★★★
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard – tried to read and wasn’t in the mood
As you can see, my most anticipated releases lived up to that anticipation! Other than my lost interest in the three I started (which I think was just a mood thing for me, I want to try again) I enjoyed all of them that I read!
What books are you most excited for in 2018?
Obsidio is definitely on my list, which is a very long list of over 70 books!!
I’m posting my most anticipated list on my site in a couple of days.
Great list! I can’t wait to read Obsidio!
Restore Me should have been on my list. I love how you went back and looked at your 2017 most anticipated, I should have done that!
Check out my most anticipated of 2018.