My Most Anticipated Releases of 2018

Posted by Jessi (Geo) on December 28, 2017 | 3 Comments


  1. Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff – I would sell my firstborn child for this book. I’d anticipate anything by Jay (hence why Obsidio is #2 on this list) but a promise of a totally new and exciting world from him is to DIE for!
  2. Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – I can’t get enough of the Illuminae Files, it’s one of my all time fave series!
  3. Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – another sequel in an all time fave series! Red Rising was INCREDIBLE and I desperately need more!
  4. Inferno by Julie Kagawa – Julie is my second favorite author (second only to Jay) and I loooove her Talon saga! Can’t wait to see what twists and turns come next!
  5. ISAN by Mary Ting – International. Sensory. Assassin. Network. Um, YES PLEASE.
  6. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – 90% major cover lust! The other 10% is because I’ve heard awesome things and my book twin Christy (@cbookaddiction on Insta) loved it!
  7. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi – NEED. MORE. WARNER.
  8. Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – I’ve enjoyed everything Mindee has written so far, so I’m SUPER excited for this new book! And the cover is freaking gorgeous too *heart eyes*
  9. Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – aliens!!! I’m so excited to see what these awesome ladies write together next!
  10. Sanctuary by Caryn Lix – Alien meets the Darkest Minds?! YES x100000. You have big shoes to fill.
  11. Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian – to be completely honest I get the feeling this isn’t going to be a Jessi book. It kind of screams “generic fantasy” to me, but the cover is so gorgeous I can’t help lusting after it anyway!
  12. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – The only reason this is last on the list and not in my top 5, where it would have been at one point, is because I already have it and I’m halfway through. And I’m not enjoying it very much. SAD FACE. But before I got my hands on it I was DYING for it so I feel like it still needs to make the list!


Looking back at my most anticipated 2017 releases



  1. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★+
  2. Legion by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★★
  3. Seeker by Veronica Rossi – ★★★★½
  4. The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell – haven’t read yet
  5. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★+
  6. Hunted by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – tried to read and wasn’t in the mood
  7. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh – ★★★★½
  8. Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan – haven’t read yet
  9. Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop – started to read and lost interest :(
  10. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis – haven’t read yet
  11. Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber – ★★★★
  12. RoseBlood by A.G. Howard – tried to read and wasn’t in the mood

As you can see, my most anticipated releases lived up to that anticipation! Other than my lost interest in the three I started (which I think was just a mood thing for me, I want to try again) I enjoyed all of them that I read!

What books are you most excited for in 2018?

Jessi (Geo)

Posted in: Discussions | Tags:

Subscribe to Novel Heartbeat to get more posts like this!

3 responses to “My Most Anticipated Releases of 2018

  1. Obsidio is definitely on my list, which is a very long list of over 70 books!!
    I’m posting my most anticipated list on my site in a couple of days.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.