3 week book haul
Library book sale:
- The Silvered by Tanya Huff
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
- Asunder by Jodi Meadows
- Icons by Margaret Stohl
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher
- Foretold anthology
- Catherine by April Lidner
- The Isle of Blood by Rick Yancey
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
- Hidden by Sophie Jordan
- Shadowlark by Meagan Spooner
- The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood
- Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
- Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
- Inuyasha vol. 26
- Inuyasha vol. 27
- Inuyasha vol. 29
- DNAngel vol. 8
- Gorgeous Carat, vol. 1
I paid $1 each for all of them :) I always look forward to these sales because I can get so many books for cheap. This time kinda sucked though because I had to work on the first day of the sale, and I only had an hour to look by the time I got there. To get the good stuff you really have to be there an hour before the sale starts to wait in line so that you’re the first person through!
- 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger (NetGalley)
- Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson (Edelweiss)
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (EW)
- Blood, Ink, & Fire by Ashley Mansour (part of the Hundred campaign)
- The Key by Jennifer Anne Davis – audiobook (thank you to the narrator, Michelle!)
- Touchstone by Melanie Rawn (thank you Tor!!)
- Window Wall by Melanie Rawn (Tor)
- Harrison Squared by Daryl Gregory (Tor)
- Off the Page by Jodi Picoult (thank you Random House for the beautiful package!)
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (THANK YOU SYDNEY! <3)
From the library:
- Girl Got Game, vol. 1
- #currentlyreading and #bookstagram wooden bookmarks from Lillytales (now Nook & Burrow)
- “I like to party and by party I mean read books” mug from Bookworm Boutique
- Fandom of the Month March subscription – Dr. Who theme
- “We’re all mad here” wooden bookmark
- Assorted book flags, emoji and animal themes
Posts on the blog:
- [14 Apr] The Prodigal Returns… (a kind of personal post)
- [15 Apr] My TBR Jars are up on Etsy!
- [16 Apr] Important Announcement Regarding Life of a Blogger
- [17 Apr] Rogue by Julie Kagawa ★★★★★
- [19 Apr] Heartbeat Weekly (59): 3 week book haul + library sale!
What I’ve been up to this week:
Same old same old. Haven’t had time to do much reading, sadly :(
I was one of the idiots that waited until the very last minute to do my taxes. *sighs* I used someone new this year instead of H&R Block (I wasn’t really happy with them last year & they’re expensive as shit). I’m used to the H&R Block way: everything is automatic, you can pay for your taxes straight from your return, and they send in whatever you owe automatically. Well, not this year. I had to pay $335 for mine and my fiancé’s taxes up front, and I had to drive around all over the place to drop off our city tax papers. I was stressing majorly about the money – now we’re short on bills – and I had to drive to 3 different places for the city taxes, which stressed me out even more. Thankfully next year we won’t have to file in two separate cities each! Moving made taxes suck a LOT. (Which is also why my taxes were $200 – I lived in two places and worked in two places.)
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
Whoa!!! Very nice! These past three weeks have been kind to you! LOL! I need to find my a library sale! Our libraries around here never seem to have actual sales themselves. But I did discover in two weeks there’ll be a book sale of some kind going on at our local mall, so I’ll definitely check that out then!
Hope you enjoy all your awesome new reads!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Oh man. That sucks about your taxes. So stressful. At least it’s done and over with. Wooozah. We didn’t do our taxes until the weekend before. We were just so busy that we never had a chance to sit down and do them until then.
THAT HAUL IS SO GLORIOUS. Now I’m disappointed in our country for not having any decent bookstores. :/ Aw, and boo for work. You might’ve gotten twice as many books if you’d gotten there earlier.
I know nothing about taxes, but my parents are always problematizing it, so I at least know that taxes suck. Sorry to hear you had trouble with yours.
WOW! That is quite a haul! I wish I could find a sale like that around here. I seem to miss those library sales by like a day, so that sucks. maybe next time. I love all the swag you got as well. Imagine if you were able to get in early, you would have had twice as much!
UGHHHH TAXES ARE THE WORSTTTT. I hate how stressful they can be :( But this is the most amazingest haul I’ve seen this week! Holy moly! I’m LOVINGGG the Doctor Who stuff! :D That mug is amazing, and I got ‘Walk on Earth a Stranger’ as well and I’m excited about it! :D Also, today, I went to the store and in the discounts section, they had a book for 0.99 cents that I remember seeing you review on your blog so I bought it! Haha! It was ‘Written in Red’ by Anne Bishop! :D
Yuck I hate Taxes, my dad takes care of them for us which is a good thing but at some point I will have to deal with them myself and I just don’t want to *stomps feet* ;)
I have to remember that this is 3 weeks worth but HOLY JEALOUSY! That is a lot of books! my library never had book sales like that. I might have to see why that is or maybe I just missed them lol
I do hope you have a less stressful week!
That is an awesome library book sale! I wish I could find one of those near me! Awesome haul, even if it is for 3 weeks it is amazing! I need to read Between the Lines I guess, I’ve heard good things about it.
Check out my Sunday Post
I love library sales too! I think my library has one coming up recently too. My favorite thing is that sometimes they have ARCs, so we can get some recently published titles as well!
Next year I will have to file in 2 different locations as I will be moving soon. Yuck!
Way to make out on your library sale! That is so awesome! :)
Wow, Jessi. ALL THE THINGS. I AM SO JEALOUS. My library has a wall of books on sale but they’re in terrible condition and there are NO YA. CRY.
I hope next week goes amazing for you <33333
Argh, tax season. Hate it! Well . . . until I get my refund. They are better that way. :)
So many great books! I am excited about reading 5 to 1.
Aww, taxes are a bummer :( The covers of some of the review books look so interesting! I can’t wait to hear what you think :)
Sooo many books! My library is tiny so they don’t do big sales like that, they just have $1 books everyday. But most of the good ones on sale are ones I donated, so no sense in buying my own books back! :P
WOW. Now that is a haul. Love it. Especially like the “We’re all stories in the end” bag. *high fives*
Taxes are such a drag. :( Sorry! We had to file a special form, the Dept of Ed gave us bad info for 6 weeks, the IRS doesn’t give a crap, so now we’re filed, but won’t see our return until the end of stinkin’ June – 3 weeks after we needed it for my husband’s brother’s wedding (so now we borrow).
I found you, looking for the source of Life Of A Blogger (hoping to start participating). I love your blog! :) Looking forward to seeing more, and once I get my head on straight, I may have to start doing a weekly post like this, too.
Sorry I am a little late with this, but great haul this week.
I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!
Here’s my Weekly Wrap Up
Michelle @ Book Briefs