A bit late, I know. I’ve been having trouble lately finding the motivation to do much of anything. But here goes…
- Use my planner to keep up with my posts and things I have to do. Lately I’ve been forgetting to post things – like Sunday’s missing Heartbeat Weekly, or Monday’s review (which I did get posted, just 10 hours late). If I could make it a point to check that planner daily, I could avoid that!
- Have 2 full weeks of posts scheduled in advance. I’ve been pretty good about keeping one week scheduled, as long as I don’t forget. But two weeks would be even better, because if anything comes up (like a blogging slump), I won’t have to stress about having nothing on my blog.
- Don’t stress about having nothing on the blog. Ha. Seriously though, I tend to worry too much about regular content that sometimes blogging becomes a chore. I need to just take a deep breath, chill, and realize that my readers aren’t going to leave me if I don’t post for two days. (At least, I hope not!)
- Make more time to comment. This is something that I seriously suck at. I tend to only comment on the blogs I follow by email, and my awesome regular commenters get left out. It makes me feel horrible that I’ve neglected them!
- Request less review copies. It feels like anymore I don’t have the time to read the books I actually want to read, because I have too many that I feel like I have to read. Yes, when I requested those books, I wanted to read them. But then they pile up, and because of obligation, I lose some of that excitement that I once had to read them.
- Catch up on review copies. If I could get to the point where I only have 2 or 3 review books at a time, then I can read any new review copies as soon as I get them, when the excitement is fresh.
- Continue to enjoy blogging. Because I don’t ever want blogging to become a chore!
Personal life goals/resolutions
- Get back to going to the gym on a regular basis. I hate that I no longer fit into 90% of my clothes. I hate feeling uncomfortable with myself all the time. Even if I don’t lose weight, I would be happy just to tone and be in better shape. I’m sick of feeling weak!
- Eat cleaner. This past grocery trip I bought a bunch of healthy stuff, like fruits and vegetables, and got a couple bottles of V8 fruit fusion juice. Starting Sunday, I’ve been trying my best to eat better food, and to stay away from junk food. I am NOT going on a diet. That lifestyle is not for me. I will still eat bad food from time to time. But, if I can just get more fruits and vegetables, and work on portion control, I would feel much better. Along with feeling weak, I feel dull and tired all the time. I’m sick of it!
- Don’t let the little things get to me. Lately, I’ve been having a lot of problems with people at work, and it’s been causing stress in my life. I need to let things roll off my back and try not to lose my temper as much. I need to think to myself: Will it matter in 10 years? No? Then don’t worry about it. Laugh it off, and for God’s sake, be nice! This is just a temporary chapter in my life, and I will leave these toxic people far behind soon enough.
What about you? What are your goals for the next year?