As you’ve probably noticed, I don’t have my usual Monday review today. Why? Because I have been in a horrific reading slump the past couple of weeks! :(
Ever since I finished Kinslayer, I’ve been suffering from PTBD – that is, Post Traumatic Book Disorder.
Post Traumatic Book Disorder is a serious disorder that can result in long periods of not reading, with side effects such as boredom and depression. You may have PTBD if:
- You recently read a really epic book and now suffer from a book hangover
- You are unimpressed with every other book you read because they just can’t compare
- You reminisce about said book, even weeks after finishing it
- You have the time to read, but just don’t feel like it
- You sometimes sit and stare at a wall, rocking back and forth
If you think you have PTBD, you should seek help from your bookish community immediately. Suggested cures for PTBD include venting to bookish peeps, ranting on social media, and picking up an old favorite book to read.
So, reading slumps suck. Hardcore. It’s been NINE days since I’ve finished a book! I’ve DNFed two in that time, and the ones I have actually finished have been 3 stars or less. Sad, sad day. *stares at towering TBR wistfully* I’m falling very behind on everything again because I’m not reading my usual 1-2 books a week. I’ve been a very moody reader and haven’t felt like reading any of the books that I had planned to read. I’m really hoping Horror October next month will help with that!
How many of you have had this problem? How do you guys get through a reading slump?