Two week haul
From the signing:
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons (ARC)
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons (hardcover)
- Press back temporary tattoo
- Novelly Yours 2oz candles: Cunning, Currently Reading, Darkling, Villainous
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (for YALLfest)
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (for YALLfest)
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (SIGNED)
- Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas (SIGNED)
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (SIGNED)
- A World Without You by Beth Revis (SIGNED)
- Corruption by Jessica Shirvington, audiobook
- Illuminae quote stickers (Drop and Give Me Nerdy)
- Hunger Games magnet (HalfBloodPrints)
- Butterbeer bath salts (CherryPit Crafts)
- Lumos/Nox switch plate (Makers Gonna Make)
A few of these things are from old sub boxes that I’ve been looking for, I was so happy to score them! Empire of Shadows came from Joseph-Beth and the other three signed copies came from Books of Wonder (shipping is expensive but they have a LOT of signed books right now – like Cassie Clare, Leigh Bardugo, Marie Lu, and other good stuff!). I actually ordered Heir of Fire, too, then later realized I already had the damn thing signed, heh…
Story time: I was actually supposed to attend the SJM signing last week in KY and decided not to go. She was only signing one book and everything else was stamped. I personally hate stamps because they’re fake – to me, I may as well sign the book myself. So I had the bookstore hold my copy, and told them NOT to personalize it, right? So I get there to pick it up and it freaking says “to Jessica.” *eye twitch* First of all, I NEVER go by Jessica. I hate Jessica. And Jess. I only go by Jessi. Second of all, I specifically told the worker I did not want it personalized. Honestly I might not even like it, I don’t want to be stuck with the damn thing because it has my name in it. Thankfully they fixed their faux pas and traded me for a signed first edition! Crisis averted!
From the publisher:
- Replica by Lauren Oliver + prop pack
Thank you so much Big Honcho Media!!
August Lit Cube
“Haunted Hearts” theme curated by A.G. Howard
- The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard w/ signed bookplate
- Heart necklace w/ pressed flowers
- Ink well & feather quill
- Leather quote notebook (chosen by Anita)
- Gardenia soap
- Hot chocolate
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake w/ signed bookplate
- Remade, episode 1
- Celaena’s Cake candle (The Melting Library)
- Miss Peregrine’s zipper pouch (Out of Print)
- Six of Crows bookmark (EvieBookish)
- Fortune telling bath fizzer (Da Bomb)
- Three Dark Crowns map & fortune teller
- Moon Chosen “passport to a new world”
- OwlCrate pin
I. LOVE. CANDLES. And omg you guys, that candle smells DIVINE. It smells like German chocolate cake! (Read: coconut and chocolate!!!!!!!!!) I’m pretty excited about the book for this month, because I’m going to be seeing Kendare next month so I can get it signed!
Posts on the blog:
- [19 Sep] Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson ★★★★
- [25 Sep] Heartbeat Weekly (91): Metaltown Launch Recap
Metaltown Launch Recap
I went down to the Joseph Beth in Crestview Hills, KY this past Tuesday to attend the launch party for Kristen’s new book! She’s one of my favorite author friends and I knew this was something I didn’t want to miss. I’ve seen pretty much every local event she’s been to for years!
The panel was fun! Kristen is so charismatic and adorable, I love hearing her speak. We learned a few things about Metaltown that I didn’t know, too, like the inspiration came from several things:
- Kristen’s love for Les Mis growing up (Eponine was her favorite, and inspired Ty’s character)
- Phil Knight and Nike, because of their sweat shops. She wanted to portray what it must be like to work in one of those sweat shops
- Kristen’s work as a caseworker
I found it very interesting how she was able to relate her own experiences in this book, which explains why she’s so passionate about this particular story and also why there’s so much feeling in the book. I loved hearing her talk about it!
Kristen did a reading from Metaltown with her husband, it was totally adorable!
I made her a Metaltown inspired necklace (and a bonus Glass Arrow one) that she wore for the panel!
So much love for the ultra talented @NovelHeartbeat and her gorgeous gift last night. Thank you for these, Jessi! pic.twitter.com/Aojai63ucw
— Kristen Simmons (@kris10writes) September 21, 2016
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
You are a talented artist–the jewelry is beautiful. I love meeting authors (even though I’m nervous) and having them sign my books.
OOoh nice! You’re like really super talented at making things! Lol! Love the necklaces as well as your TBR jars and dragons! So cool!
And what fun! A book launch! I’ve never been to a launch part myself! Something to put on my bucket list I guess! All the book signings I’ve been to have been just that, signings. Which are still great fun and all, but I think that depending the store host, a launch party can be a different kind of magical! LOL! At least from what I’ve seen in pictures! Haha!
Hope you enjoy all the new reads!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Love this and that necklace is sooo nice :) I haven’t attended a book launch but it looks like it’d be a blast! Super cool that the author shouted you out on your kind gift also