- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. This is the ONE book that I would have sold my firstborn for. I am absolutely dying to read it!! I’ve been doing anything I can to get my hands on a copy (begging shamelessly), and was never able to. Now that it’s out it’s killing me! I pre-ordered a signed copy so now I have to wait for it to arrive T.T
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey. The Girl at Midnight was one of my favorite books of 2015, and one of my favorite books ever! I can’t wait to dive back into the world!
- Soldier by Julie Kagawa. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge Julie Kagawa fangirl. I love the Talon series and can’t wait for the third installment!
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. Jay Kristoff is one of my favorite authors ever – the Lotus Wars series is my favorite series EVER and I loved Illuminae too. I’m dying to get my hands on more of his epicness!
- Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. Illuminae was EPIC! I neeeeed the sequel!
- Firstlife by Gena Showalter. So far I’ve loved everything that I’ve read by Gena, and that cover is stunning!
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine. THAT COVER. It’s so beautiful!
- Starflight by Melissa Landers. Another stunning cover! I enjoyed Alienated and Invaded and I’m sure I’ll love this one too!
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. An Ember in the Ashes was one of my faves in 2015!
- Titans by Victoria Scott. Um, mechanical horses? Sounds awesome to me.
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi. I absolutely loooved Unravel Me and Ignite Me. Her writing vastly improved between books 1 and 2 and totally blew me away after that. Can’t wait for more from her!
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. Again – that cover!! I can’t stop staring at it! So far I haven’t read anything by Victoria Schwab that I didn’t like.
- A Gathering of Shadows by Victoria Schwab. A Darker Shade of Magic was awesome!
- The Hunt by Megan Shepherd. I really enjoyed The Cage, it was a unique and refreshing read!
- Ruined by Amy Tintera. Yet another gorgeous cover – I’m a sucker for them! I also love high fantasy!
- The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker. Look at that cover!!! While it wasn’t a favorite necessarily, I really enjoyed Witch Hunter and am interested to see where the story goes.
These two make honorable mention because I’ve already read them. I’m no longer anticipating them, but I desperately was before I read them! I feel the need to mention them here because they were both AMAZING. Each were very unique and refreshing reads, and I loved them both so much! Definitely recommend!
Looking back at my most anticipated 2015 releases
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – ★★★★★
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – ★★★★★+
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – ★★½
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard – ★★★★★
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning – still haven’t read yet
- Rogue by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★★
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – ★★★
- Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop – ★★★★½
- The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Curse #2) by Marie Rutkoski – ★★★½
- Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood #2) by Victoria Scott – ★★★★
- A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1) by Victoria Schwab – ★★★★
- The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter #1) by Virginia Boecker – ★★★★
- The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey – ★★★★★+
- Marked by Sarah Fine – still haven’t read yet
- Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes – ★★★★
- The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows – ★★★½
I was massively disappointed in Red Queen, The Orphan Queen, and The Winner’s Crime, and I outright hated ACOTAR, but all in all I ended up enjoying almost all of them. Illuminae and The Girl at Midnight absolutely blew me away!
What books are YOU most excited for in 2016?