Well at least I’m sticking to the theme of doing badly at reading >.<
Books I read in October
- Solitary (Escape From Furnace #2) by Alexander Gordon Smith – ★★★½
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle – ★★★★½
- The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey – ★★★
- The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff – ★★★★
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman – ★★★★
Average rating: 3.8
Pages read: 1,605
I had 7 books on my TBR for October, but I was only able to read 5. I ended up nixing the three TBR books that were on my list in favor of reading strictly horror books. Still, I didn’t get to as many as I’d hoped to. I’m SO behind on my Goodreads challenge now! *sobs*
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – I pulled “a book set in space” from my jar, and after much perusing for a YA space book I haven’t read, I asked Twitter. Several people recommended this book, and it has amazing reviews, so I’m hoping it will work out for me! It’s something that I never would have picked up on my own otherwise, so it’s kind of a step outside of my typical reading comfort zone.
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima – I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK. I squealed a bit when my boyfriend pulled this one out of my jar for me! (Yes that’s right I made my boyfriend pick me a title) This book has been on my TBR list for as long as I can remember…in fact, it was one of the first books I added. I have been dying to read this one but keep putting it off for some reason. BAD ME. I am equal parts excited and nervous about reading it. It’s a very hyped book, and I’m worried I won’t like it!
- Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon – This is another book that’s been on my TBR for FOREVER. I enjoyed Kenyon’s Dark Hunter books that I read (four of them, I think), and I loved Nick’s character so I’m excited to finally read more about him! This is another one that I’m nervous about. I want so badly to love it!
- Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill – I was approved for this book on NetGalley but was planning on reading it closer to its release date. I recently got the ARC in the mail – I forgot I signed up for the ARC tour! – so I bumped it up on my TBR. I’m reading it now and enjoying it! The cover is simply gorgeous!
I’m keeping it super low this month at 4 books. I’m really hoping I can get to more than that, though. I may start on my 2017 ARCs, who knows!
I absolutely loved Bird Box. I am glad that you enjoyed it too!