- July “On the Open Seas” Flick the Wick box
- July “The Darkness Within” Enchanted Book Box
- Don’t Let the Muggles Get You Down shirt (Bookish Box)
- Raven Boys pin from Dust and Pages (Bookish Box)
- Ink and Bone signed bookplate (BST group)
- Emiko print & bookmark (Cushy Crate)
- Godspawn & Manon magnetic bookmarks (Designs by Theia)
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown (SIGNED)
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown (SIGNED)
- Red Rising Subterranean Press limited numbered special edition (SIGNED)
- Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton (audiobook)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (audiobook)
I talked about this on Instagram when I was deciding whether to do it or not, but I dropped $300 on that Subterranean Press special edition of Red Rising. It’s the most I’ve ever spent on a book (and probably the most I ever will spend) and not something I’d usually ever do, but I’m so glad I did! It was a birthday present for myself and it is GORGEOUS. I know I would have regretted not getting it forever, and now I can get the second and third books in these beautiful limited editions!
- LIFEL1KE map and character bookmarks
- A Reaper at the Gates tote bag, pen, & button
- Jurassic World poster (for buying advance tickets on Fandango)
- July “The Power Within” Fairyloot (my code is NOVEL5)
- Book sleeves from LoveYouMore Studio (my code is JESSI10)
- Girls of Paper & Fire by Natasha Ngan (Storygram)
- Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful by Arwen Elys Dayton (Storygram)
- Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis (Storygram)
- Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton (EpicReads)
- Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry (EpicReads)
- The Sea Witch by Sarah Henning + stunning knitted mermaid tail (EpicReads)
- Hocus Pocus sequel novel + mug, cookies, buttons, and ‘Witch Please’ t-shirt (Disney)
- Magnetic bookmarks from Epik Page
A huge thank you to Storygram Tours, Harper, Disney Books and EpicReads for these!!
- Wildcard by Marie Lu (THANK YOU ERIN!!)
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd (THANK YOU LAUREN!!)
- Rey Funko (thank you Lauren!!!)
- Birthday crown and sash (thank you Tiff!! You’re the best!)
- Emmett and Longwei prints (thank you Kayla!!)
July Wrap Up
Books I read
- Nyxia Unleashed by Scott Reintgen – ★★★★
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan – ★★★★½
- Wildcard by Marie Lu – ★★★★
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd – ★★★
- Smoke in the Sun by Renee Ahdieh – ★★★½
Pages read: 1,898
Average rating: 3.9
Favorite book read in July: Girls of Paper & Fire
Least favorite book read in July: Grim Lovelies
Books I reviewed
- none :(
I basically didn’t post in July, which is depressing. But I’m working on catching up on reviews so hopefully my August wrap up will be better!
What I’ve been up to this month
I turned 30, ahhh!!! It’s crazy and slightly terrifying but here I am?? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! It’s insane that it’s flown by so fast. But I feel like my 30’s will be the best years of my life. I finally have my shit together (mostly) and I feel like I’ve gained some experience points along the way. Wish me luck!
I had a wonderful birthday celebration! My best friend took me to the zoo (thanks Mel!), I went on a ride in a biplane for the first time (thanks mom & dad!), my parents took me out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (my fave), and when I finally reschedule it I’ll be going skydiving again too! I was supposed to go on my birthday, but the instructor cancelled last minute because of a “bleeding sinus.” Sigh. But that’s okay, I still had a great birthday! I don’t usually celebrate much at all so this will be one to remember!
Other than that, nothing exciting happened XD
July Bookstagram Highlights
- Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis
- Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry
- Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
- Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean
- Inferno by Julie Kagawa
6 books is a tad ambitious – considering my average this year is about 3 books a month and it’s already a week into August and I’ve only read one book – but I read 5 books last month and with #evolveintobooks and #boutofbooks happening, I have faith in myself!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great celebration. 30 is looming for me in February, and I have never had good luck with my so-called friends showing up for me. So….not so sure how mine’ll go.
Thanks Charlie! Oh no, I hope you have a good birthday and it’s not a flop!