I did pretty badly in September. I barely read at all this month! SHAME ON ME.
Books I read in September
- Like A River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson – ★★★★
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid – ★★★★½
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – ★★★★
- Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow #1) by Danielle Page – DNF
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo – DNF
- Beyond the Night (The Darkest Minds #3.5) by Alexandra Bracken – ★★★★½
Average rating: 4.3, for the books I actually finished
Pages read: 1,551
I set my goal for this month fairly low, which is a good thing because I totally slacked off on reading. I’m behind on my Goodreads challenge now! *sobs*
The only book on my TBR for this month that I didn’t get to is The Cresswell Plot, and I chose not to read it because I lost interest in picking it up.
- Solitary by Alexander Gordon Smith – I absolutely LOVED Lockdown, and it remains one of the few amazing horror books I’ve ever read. I don’t know why I haven’t picked up the sequel yet!
- Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey – The same goes for The Monstrumologist: I loved it. It was totally twisted and creepy! It’s SO hard to find decent YA horror and both of these books are the only ones that have ever been not-fluffy enough for me to fall in love with. (I’M SO PICKY ABOUT HORROR GUYS)
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle – I’ve heard great things about this book, so I’m excited to start it!
- The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff – I’ve had this book on my TBR for FOREVER. I’m kind of leery about it, though, as I didn’t like Fiendish. We shall see!
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – I pulled “a book set in space” from my jar, and after much perusing for a YA space book I haven’t read, I asked Twitter. Several people recommended this book, and it has amazing reviews, so I’m hoping it will work out for me! It’s something that I never would have picked up on my own otherwise, so it’s kind of a step outside of my typical reading comfort zone.
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima – I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK. I squealed a bit when my boyfriend pulled this one out of my jar for me! (Yes that’s right I made my boyfriend pick me a title) This book has been on my TBR list for as long as I can remember…in fact, it was one of the first books I added. I have been dying to read this one but keep putting it off for some reason. BAD ME. I am equal parts excited and nervous about reading it. It’s a very hyped book, and I’m worried I won’t like it!
- Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon – This is another book that’s been on my TBR for FOREVER. I enjoyed Kenyon’s Dark Hunter books that I read (four of them, I think), and I loved Nick’s character so I’m excited to finally read more about him! This is another one that I’m nervous about. I want so badly to love it!
7 books is pretty ambitious for me as of late, but I really really want to get to all of these books! I need to stop wasting so much time on social media XD