Books I got this week
- The Far Dawn by Kevin Emerson
- Undead With Benefits by Jeff Hart
- Feral by Holly Schindler
- Sanctum by Madeleine Roux
- Deliverance by C.J. Redwine
Big thanks to Harper for these!! I actually put Far Dawn and Undead With Benefits up for trade on the YA Book Exchange because I haven’t read the first books (Sanctum already had several copies…if you want it let me know!). I’ve also already read Deliverance. Funny story: My parents found this package in their side door that they never check, so who knows how long they’ve been sitting there. I’m pretty sure they’ve all been released by now >.<
From the library:
- The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan
Posts on the blog:
- [8 Sep] The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
- [11 Sep] Life of a Blogger: Where were you 13 years ago?
- [12 Sep] Blackbird by Anna Carey ★★★½
- [14 Sep] Heartbeat Weekly (31)
Favorite posts this week:
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books discusses instalove and romance
- Jodi Meadows explains why the Orphan Queen eARC is only a sample (why does this happen?!)
- Sophia @ Loving Lit rants about the top 3 annoying things she hears about YA
- Jenna @ Jenna Does Books has been deceived by the big bad hype monster!
- Octavia @ Read.Sleep.Repeat. talks about awful character names
- Celine @ YA Midnight Reads discusses book hangovers
- Ashley @ Nose Graze gives advice on how to write discussion posts
- Octavia @ Read.Sleep.Repeat wants to know what you do about the “thanks but no thanks” emails
What I’ve been up to this week:
I got my glasses!! Putting them on for the first time was really weird. They’re awkward and uncomfortable – not because of the feeling on my face, I’m so used to sunglasses that it doesn’t bother me – but because I can’t glance any direction like I used to. I have to turn my head to look at things dead on or they don’t work right. I get a really strong sense of vertigo if I look around too fast, or look down, or tilt my head. It’s extremely annoying. And I have big blind spots on the side. But, it is nice to see! They make all the difference in the world when I’m reading anything or looking at my phone/computer/tablet! I think I just need to get used to wearing them. I will probably look into getting contacts asap though!
I also dyed my hair dark brown and bright ass fuschia/pink. I posted a picture on Instagram!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!