Books I got this week
- The Far Dawn by Kevin Emerson
- Undead With Benefits by Jeff Hart
- Feral by Holly Schindler
- Sanctum by Madeleine Roux
- Deliverance by C.J. Redwine
Big thanks to Harper for these!! I actually put Far Dawn and Undead With Benefits up for trade on the YA Book Exchange because I haven’t read the first books (Sanctum already had several copies…if you want it let me know!). I’ve also already read Deliverance. Funny story: My parents found this package in their side door that they never check, so who knows how long they’ve been sitting there. I’m pretty sure they’ve all been released by now >.<
From the library:
- The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan
Posts on the blog:
- [8 Sep] The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
- [11 Sep] Life of a Blogger: Where were you 13 years ago?
- [12 Sep] Blackbird by Anna Carey ★★★½
- [14 Sep] Heartbeat Weekly (31)
Favorite posts this week:
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books discusses instalove and romance
- Jodi Meadows explains why the Orphan Queen eARC is only a sample (why does this happen?!)
- Sophia @ Loving Lit rants about the top 3 annoying things she hears about YA
- Jenna @ Jenna Does Books has been deceived by the big bad hype monster!
- Octavia @ Read.Sleep.Repeat. talks about awful character names
- Celine @ YA Midnight Reads discusses book hangovers
- Ashley @ Nose Graze gives advice on how to write discussion posts
- Octavia @ Read.Sleep.Repeat wants to know what you do about the “thanks but no thanks” emails
What I’ve been up to this week:
I got my glasses!! Putting them on for the first time was really weird. They’re awkward and uncomfortable – not because of the feeling on my face, I’m so used to sunglasses that it doesn’t bother me – but because I can’t glance any direction like I used to. I have to turn my head to look at things dead on or they don’t work right. I get a really strong sense of vertigo if I look around too fast, or look down, or tilt my head. It’s extremely annoying. And I have big blind spots on the side. But, it is nice to see! They make all the difference in the world when I’m reading anything or looking at my phone/computer/tablet! I think I just need to get used to wearing them. I will probably look into getting contacts asap though!
I also dyed my hair dark brown and bright ass fuschia/pink. I posted a picture on Instagram!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
I think the glasses look super good on you! You’ve got that hot, nerdy—but sophisticated—girl look going.
Haha thank you! I feel so dorky in them, but everyone else seems to love them sooo… XD
Ooo brown and pink, that sounds fun! I’m happy you like your glasses. I started wearing glasses again after like five years of nothing but contacts, the glasses made me feel like I was in a fishbowl for the first week!
And I need to go participate in that insta love discussion, have a good week!
Amber Elise @ Du Livre
A FISHBOWL, YES! That is the perfect way to describe it. I’ve been walking around with this funny feeling and you just put it into words for me XD
Ah, so I know exactly how you feel then? Are your glasses big? I was told the the fishbowl feeling is in correlation to how big your glasses are (and Costco never lies so I am inclined to believe them :p)
Amber Elise @ Du Livre
OOoh nice ARC pile!! i need to read Asylum still myself! Bought it awhile back as a Kindle deal and it sounds creepy good! Hope you enjoy your new reads!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
You have some really great books. Too funny about the package your parents ‘found’!
My Sunday Post
I bet you look great with those glasses :D!