Welcome to the 2013 Sequel Challenge, hosted by me! I personally am TERRIBLE about reading the first book in a series and never going any farther. I don’t know why, but for some reason series intimidate me (especially if it’s longer than a trilogy). I searched and searched for a challenge like this and couldn’t find one, so I decided to make my own!
The goal: To read as many sequels as you can. You set your goal at whatever number works for you.
- The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st.
- Any books started before Jan. 1 will not count.
- Any book after the first book in a series counts. Books in the same series also count.
- Novellas count, as long as it is after book #1. (ex: #1.5, #2.5, etc) No prequels.
- Books can be of any publication date. They don’t have to be released in 2013.
- Sign ups will be open until December 1st, 2013.
- Add the URL of your challenge post to the linky widget. (If you’d like to wait, it’s ok to use your blog URL and send me your link when you get the post up)
- At the end of each month I will post a linky for you to add your sequel reviews to.
- I will try to do some giveaways throughout the year for participants (as long as I can afford it).
- There will be a giveaway at the end of the year for all participants who completed the challenge.