- Skyward DDF pin (Brandon’s site)
- Patches – Cabeswater & Magic in everything (Owlcrate BST group)
- Archenemies by Marissa Meyer (SIGNED)
- Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre
- Honor Bound by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre (SIGNED)
- Honor Lost by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre
From Scammed launch
I already had Kristen’s books (hence why they’re in two wrap ups straight) but I took them with me to get signed!
- The Deceivers by Kristen Simmons (SIGNED)
- Scammed by Kristen Simmons (SIGNED)
- Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry (SIGNED)
- Skyward DDF patch (pre-order promo)
From publisher/for promo
Thank you so much to Simon Teen and Disney Hyperion for these lovelies!
- Raven Boys tote
- Hic Sunt Leones pouch
- Red Rising character mug shots
- Ashlords alternate dust cover & signed bookplate
- Saga magnetic bookmarks
- Saga vol. 2, 3, & 4
- Monstress vol. 1
- Skyward – Fairyloot exclusive w/ yellow sprayed edges
- Strange the Dreamer – Fairyloot exclusive w/ blue sprayed edges
I’ve been trading a lot of old ARCs for wishlist items!
February Wrap Up
Books I read
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells – ★★½
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold – ★★★½
- Witches of Ash & Ruin by E. Latimer – ★★★★
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa (AUDIO, re-read) – ★★★★
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (AUDIO) – ★★★★
- The Vanishing Deep by Astrid Scholte – ★
- Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu – DNF
- Honor Bound by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre – ★★★★½
- Sherwood by Meagan Spooner (AUDIO) – DNF
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (AUDIO) – ★★½
- Seafire by Natalie C. Parker (AUDIO) – DNF
- Honor Lost by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre – ★★★★
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (AUDIO) – ★★★
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer – ★★★
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (AUDIO) – ★★★★
Pages read: 4,418
Average rating: 3.33 (ouch)
Favorite book read in February: Honor Bound
Least favorite book read in February: Vanishing Deep
Books I reviewed
- Review: Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- Review: The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
- Mini Review: Memento by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- Review: Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw
- ARC Review: The Night Country by Melissa Albert
- Audiobook Review: Fireborne by Rosaria Munda
- ARC Review: Witches of Ash & Ruin by E. Latimer
- Audiobook Review: Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Predict Will Be 5 Stars
- Top Ten Tuesday: Romances That I Actually Enjoyed
- Top Ten Tuesday: Last Books That Gave Me a Hangover
- Book Buddy = Organization Obsession!
What I’ve been up to this month
I started February off by going to the Scammed launch (which I’ll talk about below)! Then Adam and I spent our first Valentine’s Day together – it was wonderful! Best V-Day yet! Other than lots of snow here there hasn’t been much else happening. I did have a bit of an ordeal at the end of the month with my kitty being sick, that wasn’t fun. He was having really scary seizure-like episodes, and after much stress and anxiety (and five hundred frickin’ bucks), we found out he just had a really bad ear infection. After a week of meds, he’s thankfully back to normal! It was terrifying, though. Definitely not something I ever care to repeat :(
TV: We’ve been watching Dexter (re-watching for me, first time for Adam) and I forgot how much I missed it!
Music: I’ve actually been ditching music in favor of audiobooks! I started listening to them at work all the time now – at 1.25x speed – and I get so much more reading done!
Food: Tacoooos. We’ve been obsessing over them lately for some reason!
Games: Adam and I have both gotten into Resident Evil 5 lately, it’s so addicting!
On Tuesday the 4th I drove down to Kentucky for Kristen’s launch of Scammed! I’ve been to every one of her launches since Glass Arrow came out in 2015, so I wasn’t about to miss one! Adam was working so I went down by myself. It was a terrible trip – the weather was bad, traffic was bad, and by the time I got down there I had to pee SUPER bad, and the bookstore’s bathroom was out of order so I had to walk down to a restaurant nearby. I ended up barely making it in time – it took me an hour and 45 minutes to get there, and it’s usually an hour trip!
Kristen was fabulous, as always! Katie McGarry was actually there too, which I didn’t know about until the event started. I had no idea she was listed in the event at all. I ended up buying her newest release because I felt bad about not having anything for her. I brought Kristen a Vale Hall candle (it’s tradition!) and got to chat with her for a bit. It’s always great to see her! They even had a cake for the event (which was delicious).
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Race the Sands by Sarah Beth Durst
- The Raven & the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa
- The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia (AUDIO)
- House of Salt & Sorrows by Erin Craig (AUDIO)
- The Cerulean by Amy Ewing (AUDIO)
- This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis (AUDIO)
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton (AUDIO)
- The Wicked + Divine Vol. 1
See anything you like? What did YOU get last month? Link me up!