Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
Okay, so the prompt for this week is actually “Books by my favorite authors that I haven’t read yet” but my two fave authors are Jay Kristoff and Julie Kagawa and I’ve read every single book they’ve published sooo I had to change it up a bit! Here’s a few books by authors I love that I haven’t read yet and I don’t know why!
1. The Troy Game series by Sara Douglass – I’ve mentioned the Wayfarer Redemption series plenty of times – it’s a very special series to me because it was my first for a lot of things. It’s also my favorite Adult series. I’ve always craved something that could compare, so it makes total sense that I’d read her other books, right? Wrong, apparently. I suck.
2. A World Without You by Beth Revis – I have adored everything else I’ve read by Beth: the Across the Universe trilogy, The Body Electric, and Give the Dark My Love. But, I’m not usually a fan of contemporary so I just haven’t picked it up yet.
3. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor – This one can totally be blamed on my commitment issues when it comes to series. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorites, and even though Days of Blood and Starlight doesn’t compare and didn’t stick with me, I still gave it 5 stars. WHY can’t I bring myself to finish the series?! Perhaps because that book is intimidating.
4 – 7. Burned, Feverborn, Feversong, & High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning – Another one I can blame on my series phobia (there needs to be an official name for that). And I am SO BAD about keeping up with long series! Even when it’s one of my favorite series. Sure, Iced wasn’t as good as the original 5 Fever books (which are my second fave Adult series btw), but I still loved it! These books are definitely a must for me in 2019.
8. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis – I haven’t loved everything I’ve read by Mindy (I was so not a fan of A Madness So Discreet but I also don’t like historical so that may have been most of the reason), but I usually love her writing and her stories. I think the bad reviews scared me away, even though I tend to like the stuff that other people don’t. I have the audiobook, though, so 2019 for sure!
9. This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis – See above, except instead of bad ratings it’s the fact that it’s contemp, and like I said I don’t typically read the genre. But I freaking loved Female of the Species so I’m willing to try!
10. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh – Oh hello series fear, again. I loved The Wrath and the Dawn, and Renee has beautiful prose…but I also LOVED The Flame in the Mist and the second book was a major disappointment. I don’t want to be disappointed :(
I need to make it a goal for 2019 to get to these books!
Are there any books by your favorite authors you haven’t read yet?
Dreams of Gods and Monsters is going to have to go on my list too (when I eventually get my post ready :P). I adore DoSaB. I name all my video game characters Karou, my Kindle’s name is Karou, and my hair is blue. I LOVE it so much. I am so intimidated by that last book.
I spent earlier this year making myself get caught up on the Fever series because I intended on meeting Karen at a signing! Got all the way up to High Voltage because I was short on time and knew I was buying it at the store anyway and didn’t want to buy a second copy! Whelp!
I need to read the last book in Renee’s current duology otherwise I’m caught up on her books! Hope you can get caught up on these soon!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)