3 week haul
Library book sale:
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- Control by Lydia Kang
- Ashfall by Mike Mullin
- The Prey by Tom Isbell
- Ruins by Dan Wells
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan
- Starling by Lesley Livingston
- Endlessly by Kiersten White
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson
- Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Infinite by Jodi Meadows
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
18 books, $18! I love my library sale so much. All books are $1, and if you buy them in hardback they’re still in pretty good condition (they just have library stamps) once you take off the library’s outer dust cover. That’s how I have so many books!
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey (blog tour)
- My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, & Cynthia Hand (ARC tour)
- Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
- Flawed mini poster
- Flawed tattoo
- The Star-Touched Queen mini poster
- 1984 original cover notebook
- Shatter Me quote coaster from Evie Bookish
- “Property of WCKD” decal from Shailey Ann Design
- Katniss minimalist magnet from HalfBloodPrints
- Hunger Games bracelet from The Geeky Cauldron
I was crazy lucky enough to win the epic giveaway from @bookstorefinds on Instagram. Thank you so much Andrea!
- The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, original cover (not in original package, came later from TBD)
- Harry Potter Funko Pop
- Love in Rewind by Tali Alexander
- Lies in Rewind by Tali Alexander
- Typewriter zip case/ipad case
- “When words fail, music speaks” cassette iPhone case
- Cassette tape bookmarks
- Handmade wand
- “Reading is a whale of a time” bookmark from Aureate Argent
- Cat & Books keychain
- Temporary tattoo
- Cute zipper pouch
- “Carpe Librum” knitted bracelet
- Deathly Hallows necklace
- “Real or not real” ring
- Tree earrings
- “My dear Watson” necklace from Authored Adornments
- “Read more diverse books” earrings
- White rose earrings
- Pumpkin carriage ring
Posts on the blog:
- [4 Apr] Morning Star by Pierce Brown ★★★★
- [6 Apr] ARC April!
- [8 Apr] Slasher Girls and Monster Boys by A.G. Howard, April Genevieve Tucholke, Carrie Ryan, Cat Winters, Danielle Page, Jay Kristoff, Jonathan Maberry, Kendare Blake, Leigh Bardugo, Marie Lu, McCormick Templeman, Megan Shepherd, Nova Ren Suma, Stefan Bachmann ★★★★
- [10 Apr] Heartbeat Weekly (78): Cinda Williams Chima/I Got a Camera!
If you’ve noticed, I haven’t had any reviews lately. That’s because I have absolutely SUCKED at reading this month! With the excitement of getting my camera, all I’ve wanted to do is take photos and spend time on Bookstagram. I’ve been so focused on that I haven’t had time for anything else. I’ve kind of let my blog go as of late :(
What I’ve been up to lately:
I made Red Rising art prints!
Other than the crappy background shading on the Morning Star print (I ran out of ink in my art marker and had to use a Sharpie. HORRIBLE IDEA), I’m really happy with the way they turned out! It took me hours to make, but I’m pretty proud of them. Especially the scythe, I love that one! I seriously ruined it with that darn Sharpie. =/
I also hit 6 months with my boyfriend, on the same day as my parents’ 29th anniversary!
No one has ever made me as happy as he does or been a better fit for me. He’s the most supportive, understanding, patient, helpful, thoughtful, and just all around wonderful man I could ever ask for. He never gets angry with me (even when I’m being ridiculous, and trust me that happens a lot), he lifts me up whenever I’m down with his positivity, we’ve never had a fight – which I can’t say about ANY of my past relationships – and I get along with him better than pretty much anyone else I’ve ever known outside of family. He not only supports my crazed fangirling but encourages it (he was almost just as excited about taking this picture as I was). He enables my nerdy habits as you can see. We dressed up for this picture (his Harry Potter scar is hard to see but it’s there! I’m also rocking the worst Katniss braid ever, my braiding skills need a little help), I’m pretty sure our neighbors think we’re insane!
He’s so smart and talented, and as you can see he’s pretty damn good to look at too, haha! (Did I mention he also loves cats?!) I love him so much; he’s my rock, my partner, my best friend, and my perfect Player 2 and I don’t know what I’d do without him by my side. <3
I MET INKY YOU GUYS!
Okay so most of you that have been following me for a long time have heard me talk about Inky, aka my Nator Twin (we used to have a feature called Nators Discuss together!), aka Hannah @ Book Haven. I’ve known her almost as long as I’ve been blogging, almost 4 years! She’s always been my closest blogging friend, and she and I were part of the Merp Squad way back when. (I MISS THE MERP SQUAD.)
Anyway, she told me she was going to be in the same freaking state as me (she lives in Cali and I live in Ohio…kind of a drive, haha), so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to finally meet her! We’ve been talking about meeting forEVER, but obviously with the distance we couldn’t make it work. She was way up north in Ohio, but I had the day off so I drove up there. It was a little over 3 hours, but totally worth it!!
We ended up going to see The Jungle Book in 3D (IT WAS SO GOOD YOU GUYS) and then went to Chipotle for dinner after the movie. I had such a great time, Inky is just as awesome in person as she is online! I’m so glad I finally got to see her face to face! <3
Adventures on Bookstagram
I broke 12k followers this week! Yay!!
April Wrap Up
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – ★★★★
- Firstlife (Everlife #1) by Gena Showalter – ★★½
- Ruined (Ruined #1) by Amy Tintera – ★★
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – ★★★★
Average rating: 3.1 (ouch!)
Pages read: 1,626 (less than half of last month)
Favorite book of April: This Savage Song
This month was positively abysmal for me in reading. Ruined sent me into a bad reading slump (lived up to its name for me, apparently) and I didn’t feel like reading anything. I picked up several books and started them, and bounced around books a lot because I couldn’t decide on what to read. I was an extremely moody reader this month! Hopefully May will be MUCH better, I’m now 3 books behind on my Goodreads challenge…
ARC April wrap up
I totally failed at this challenge. My goal was to read 5 books, and I only made it to 2.5 :(
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Halfway through When I Wake by Elizabeth Norris
- Started My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton/Jodi Meadows/Cynthia Hand
- When I Wake by Elizabeth Norris (currently reading)
- My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton/Jodi Meadows/Cynthia Hand (currently reading)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (currently reading)
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey
- The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker
- Titans by Victoria Scott
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
Whoa!! Just whoa! And WOW! Awesome haul!! Congrats on the anniversary to you two!! So wish I could meet someone who would encourage my bookish geekiness! LOL! It’s gotta be awesome to have someone who totally gets you like that! Congrats to you two, again! ;)
Hope you enjoy all the fab new reads!! And once again, I gotta say I love your pictures!! Slowly thinking of getting one of those DLSR…or whatever that combo is because I’m running a blank here at the moment! cameras for my bookstagram pictures! I feel like if I had the nicer camera and could find the right setting, I would take more pictures!
Hope you have a GREAT week and happy reading!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Your pictures are awesome! Great book haul!
Jessi, what a month! I love the bookstagrammin’! That kind of man is hard to find and so good to hold on to. I’m feeling the same way about the man. This is the best relationship I have ever been in – and I was engaged for nearly three years. Best decision I’ve ever made – to stop trying for something, to stop fighting. Having a strong partner in your life is something worth celebrating every day. Here’s to many more six month anniversaries!
You have the most beautiful pictures! I love your bookshelves as well. They’re so neatly done. It seems like you’ve had a really great month. Hopefully May will treat you just as well :)