Yep, you heard right…tomorrow is my 3rd blogiversary! WOO!! *throws confetti*
The past two years I’ve done a full week of posts and had a big extravaganza. After three years, blogiversaries aren’t that exciting anymore, so this is all you get! Mwahahaa. I’ll just have to cram everything in one post ;)
A year in review
A year ago I changed my blog name from Auntie Spinelli Reads to Novel Heartbeat. I haven’t ever looked back! I don’t miss the old name. I’m so in love with Novel Heartbeat and it fits perfectly! If you’re thinking about rebranding your blog, I say GO FOR IT! I don’t regret a thing. I do, however, desperately need a design I can stick with that will brand the blog. (Still working on that one!)
Stats for the past 3 years
- 759 posts
- 301 reviews
- 5,700+ comments
- 86,800+ pageviews (since moving to WordPress in March 2013)
- 645 Bloglovin’ followers
- 900+ RSS subscribers
- 1,980 twitter followers
- 190 Goodreads friends
- 269 Goodreads followers
I usually list everyone in the blogosphere who has impacted me, but this year I’m taking the cop out – YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Plus I don’t want to miss anyone since the list keeps growing!
So I want to say a big THANK YOU to every single one of you who read this blog, and to every one of you who has ever tweeted, commented, instagrammed, or facebooked in the past 3 years. I wouldn’t be here without you lovely people! <3
Highlights of the year
- I finally, FINALLY got to meet my bloggy BFF Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads!!!
- I got to see Julie Kagawa again!
- I got to meet Anita Grace Howard and Paula Stokes!
Events I attended
- Mighty Mississippi Book Blast: Anita Grace Howard, Paula Stokes, Lindsay Cummings, Bethany Crandell, Whitney Miller, A. Lyndon Rolland, Philip Siegel, Lynne Matson
- YA Beach Bash: Julie Kagawa, Kristen Simmons, Mindy McGinnis, Mindee Arnett, Melissa Landers, Saundra Mitchell
I missed out on BEA yet again this year because I spent my money on a new house instead! I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford to go next year either, and I’m kinda waiting for it to come to Chicago because I don’t particularly want to go to NY…
I usually do a goals and changes thing, too, but I’m not doing that this year. Moving forward, I basically just want to keep trying my best to make this space of the web my own unique place! I hope to make it to a fourth blogiversary!
There will be TWO winners. One winner will get a hardcover of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Another will get four ARCs: Far Dawn by Kevin Emerson, Undead With Benefits by Jeff Hart, Sanctum by Madeleine Roux, and Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick.
- As this is out of my own pocket, you must be following this blog via Bloglovin’ or email to enter.
- Unfortunately, contest is open to US PARTICIPANTS ONLY. I just can’t afford INT shipping, I’m really sorry :(
- Please read the Rafflecopter directions carefully. i.e. If it says leave a MEANINGFUL comment, please make sure your comment is more than one line and addresses the content of the post specifically. “Great review” is not meaningful, sorry. Generic comments like that will not count as an entry and will likely get you disqualified. Faked entries will result in disqualification.
- After the giveaway is over, I will notify the winner by email and they will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway