I can’t believe it’s been 2 years! It hardly seems like I’ve been blogging that long, to tell you the truth. I’m so proud to be a part of this lovely community, and I’m grateful for all the bookish friends I’ve made! I’ve experienced so much in 2 short years and have evolved as a blogger. I feel like this blog has come a long way!
My blog has had MANY design changes. I tend to get bored with the same thing after a while, what can I say?
Switched to WordPress
Changed blog names
- Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire. NATOR TWINSIES! This girl is a spunky ball of awesomesauce and she constantly brightens my day. I love all of the crazy conversations we’ve had! I can’t wait to meet her in person! (It WILL happen. IT WILL.) She’s such a beautiful and all around fabulous person and I love my Inkinator!!!
- Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads. This woman. Oh, lord. Where are the words? *sniffles a bit* This sweet, sweet lady has been such a rock for me lately and I am SO very grateful to her for being a shoulder and an ear when I need it the most. She’s been there to listen to me rant and complain, and maybe even cry a little. I’ve really come to value her friendship and I look forward to her emails. You are amazing, Reanna!! I love you!
- Ashley @ Nose Graze. First of all, she’s my book twin! We may have different opinions on books from time to time, but 95% of the time, if she hates something I know I will; if she likes something then chances are I will too. I always check her reviews before buying something! Anyway, I want to send a special thank you her way for always putting up with my questions and issues and whatnot. She’s always there to troubleshoot problems for me, she helped me in my move from Blogger to WordPress, and recently
held my handhelped me through my name change. THANK YOU, Ashley, for all the help! You’re awesome! (And some day hopefully I’ll be as kickass as you are at design and coding!)
Then there’s the fabulous Merp Squad! Along with Inky, Ashley, and I, there’s also the charismatic Eileen @ Singing and Reading in the Rain, the spunky Nikki @ Fiction Freak, and the angelic Annabelle @ Sparkles and Lightning! I adore you ladies! I really miss talking to you guys all the time!
The top three best moments of this year:
- The highlight of my entire blogging ‘career’ was meeting Julie Kagawa – who happens to be my favorite YA author – and having her tell me she knew who I was, then giving me a hug! You can read about the whole experience HERE.
- I also got the chance to meet another book blogger for the first time! I met Shannon from Twilight Sleep and Amanda from Confessions of a Bookie Monster! I had a GREAT time with Shannon in Memphis, and it was so awesome to see Amanda not only once, but twice! Both of these ladies rock!!
- I got my first ARC package! It was from HarperTeen :)
Other memorable moments:
- I did my first design for someone else. (Book Haven, Sparkles and Lightning)
- I switched from Blogger to WordPress.
- Us Merp Squadders started a blog tour site.
- I got auto-approved for Harper titles on Edelweiss. (Harper is my favorite pub!)
- I got auto-approved for Harlequin Teen titles on Netgalley. (Um, JULIE KAGAWA BOOKS)
- I changed my blog name from Auntie Spinelli Reads to Novel Heartbeat.
Signings I went to:
- YA2U in Cookeville, TN: Beth Revis, Marie Lu, Marissa Meyer, Victoria Schwaab, Megan Shepherd. Went on a road trip with my boyfriend for this one, it was awesome!
- #YeahYA in Memphis, TN: Julie Kagawa, Aimee Carter, Karen Ann Hopkins. Another road trip with the boyfriend – this is the one where I met Shannon and had Julie tell me she knew who I was!
- YA Beach Blast in Cincinnati, OH: Julie Kagawa, Aprilynn Pike, Mindee Arnett, Liz Coley, Kristina McBride, Saundra Mitchell
- Doon signing in Dayton, OH w/ Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
- Epic Journeys Tour in Columbus, OH: CJ Redwine & Rae Carson. This was the best discussion panel I’ve been to! This is the signing I met Amanda, as well as Lori from Writing My Own Fairy Tale :)
- Sarah J. Maas in Cincinnati, OH. Sarah was super nice! (Although she totally ruined the new Riddick movie -___-) Got to see Amanda again!
- Brandon Sanderson in Dayton, OH
THANK YOU to every single one of you that follow this blog and have stuck with me these past two years! I’m so happy to be part of this community and am looking forward to the coming years!
Up for grabs: An ARC of Unhinged by A.G. Howard and an ARC of The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray (1 winner). US only!
1. As this is out of my own pocket, you must be following this blog via Bloglovin’ or email to enter. (Twitter does NOT count, as I don’t tweet posts very often!)
2. Contest open to US participants only.
3. Please read the Rafflecopter directions carefully. Faked entries will be deleted.
4. After the giveaway is over, I will notify the winner by email and they will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.