- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman, signed & personalized (Good Choice Reading)
- Aurora Rising Goldsboro special edition w/ sprayed purple edges, signed
- Maximum Effort enamel pin designed by Nerdy Post (BST group)
I somehow ended up with FOUR copies of Aurora Rising. I’m an idiot.
- Gemina, Raven Boys, & AEitA polaroids from FaeCrate
- Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan (thanks Erin!!)
- Memento novella by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (x2 oops)
- We Hunt the Flame character cards
From publisher/for promo
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (Storygram Tours)
- Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon by Mary Fan (SG)
- Immunity by Erin Bowman (SG)
- June Book of the Month box
- June ‘Create Your Own Sunshine’ Unplugged Book Box
A huge thank you to Storygram Tours, Book of the Month, and Unplugged Book Box for sending these items!
- Lucky cat sleeve from Love You More Studio (rep code = JESSI10)
- June ‘Broody Banter’ Fairyloot (rep code = NOVEL5)
June Wrap Up
Books I read
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (AUDIO, re-read) – ★★★★★
- Jinxed by Amy McCulloch – ★★½
Pages read: 400
Average rating: 3.75
Favorite book read in June: Shadow of the Fox
Least favorite book read in June: Jinxed
I did SO BAD this month!! Technically Shadow of the Fox barely counts, because even though I finished it in June, I had already read all but the last chapter or two in May. So basically I only finished one whole book all month T.T
Books I reviewed
None. God, I suck.
What I’ve been up to this month
I’ve been, ah…busy this month!! I’ve let pretty much everything slip, neglecting all of my hobbies (and housework, oops)…I’ll get to the reason in a minute, but as far as blogging goes I’ve finally caught up on the last several month’s worth of book hauls! Here they are if you’re interested:
I just backposted them so I could stay on track. Figured no one would read them anyway *shrugs*
For those of you who haven’t seen the backposted hauls and my life updates, I talked a bit in the April haul about some hardships I’ve been going through family, financial, and medical wise. It’s been a phenomenally terrible year. The worst I can ever remember having (and in a mere 6 months), actually. It’s been one hit after another with family hardship, medical hardship (including the big ugly C from several places in my life), and heavy financial burden due to taxes and hard hits on small business ownership. Earlier this year was the worst off I’ve ever been, and I was in the darkest place I can ever remember being.
Then, a couple months ago, I met someone. Several someones, actually. Technically, people came back into my life that I never expected. In my darkest hour, I was given a spot of light – I found wonderful friendship in a group that I never thought I would be friends with again (it’s a long story, but I had a falling out with a couple of them and would have never thought we’d find our way back to each other again after all these years apart). And yes, I found love. Something I never thought I’d find again. I had all but given up on it, and just when I least expected it (and probably just when I needed it the most), it found me. It’s someone I’ve known since high school but fell out of contact with over the years, and he messaged me unexpectedly and we started talking. A lot. After my last couple of really terrible relationships, this has been the balm to my jaded soul. He’s everything I’ve ever been looking for and didn’t realize I was settling for less until he came along. I’m sure you’ll hear more about him in posts to come, he’s a keeper!
I am so grateful to this group of people for giving my life new meaning and fulfillment when it felt like there was none left <3
Music: The Best Thing by Relient K. It describes the relationship perfectly!
Food: Legendary Foods flavored nut butter – blueberry cinnamon roll almond butter, pecan pie almond butter, and chocolate banana peanut spread. It’s basically crack. Amazon has a sampler pack with flavored almonds too for $19.99. THANK ME LATER.
Games: Still obsessed with Slidey (app), but I also discovered Exploding Kittens which is hilariously fun! Especially the NSFW one, lmao!
See anything you like? What did YOU get last month? Link me up!