- May Disney Flick the Wick box
- May Sci-fi Nerdy Post Combo
- Extra Red Rising Nerdy Post tee because I LOVE the design
- Nerdy Post pillowcase (BST group)
- Owlcrate goodies – bath bomb, pin & postcard, Inej print, bookmark, book pin & breathe fire pin (BST group)
- Three Dark Crowns playing cards (BST group)
- Kylo Trash pin from Alchemy & Ink
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard w/ signed bookplate
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber
- #stabstabstab candle from Novelly Yours
- Alchemy & Ink candles: Legolas, Reading Nook, Tom Riddle, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, James Potter, & I GOT A CUSTOM CANDLE FOR BURUU! (It’s PERFECT *cries*)
- May “Save the Kingdom” Fairyloot
- May “Risk it All” Enchanted Book Box
- U-wing and Pacific map booksleeves from Love You More Studio
- Candles from MLC Co: Intelligent Eagle, Loyal Honey Badger, The Sorting, The Warden, Rainy Day Reads
- Keep Calm and Read On bath salts from MLC Co
- Turkish Delight bath bomb from MLC Co (not pictured because I already used it)
Here’s my rep codes if you’re interested!
MLC Co – MLCNOVEL for 10%
Love You More Studio – JESSI10 for 10%
Enchanted Book Box – NOVEL10 for 10% off single box and subscription
Fairyloot – NOVEL5 for 5% off a 3 or 6 month subscription
- Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman (Storygram)
- Empire of Dust by Eleanor Herman (Storygram)
- Reign of Serpents by Eleanor Herman (Storygram)
- Dawn of Legends by Eleanor Herman (Storygram)
- Dive Smack by Demetra Brodsky (thank you Tor!)
- Little Do We Know by Tamara Ireland Stone (Storygram & Royal Social Media)
- LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff (Storygram)
- Ruthless Magic by Megan Crewe (Storygram)
- Over Raging Tides by Jennifer Ellision (Storygram)
- A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan (Storygram)
- Jack Sparrow booksleeve from MyBookZleeves (won from shop giveaway)
- Alexander-78V pin from Dust and Pages (THANK YOU RUTHIE!!!)
- Stardust pillowcase from Shelflove Crate (Thank you Christy!!!!)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (ARC – traded)
- Hogsmeade Holiday candle from The Melting Library (thanks Hope!)
- Wolf in the North candle from Meraki (thanks Hope!)
- Candles from Gillywick Goods: Wing Leader, The Chosen One (FAVE!!!), Kady, Ezra, Am I Not Merciful, & Giggle Water (thanks so much Hailey for the candle trade, I LOVE them!)
May Wrap Up
Books I read
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud – ★★★
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – ★★★★½
- Contagion by Erin Bowman – ★★★★
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★½
- Blackfish City by Sam Miller – DNF
Pages read: 1,780
Average rating: 4
Favorite book read in May: tie between Shadow of the Fox & Iron Gold
Least favorite book read in May: Mirage
Books I reviewed
- Review: Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
- LIFEL1K3 Blog Tour: Review & Giveaway
- Review: Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Review: Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows
- Review: Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett
What I’ve been up to this month
BUSY AGAIN!! Oh lord I’ve been so overwhelmed trying to get things together with the candle shop. I did a giant restock with all the newly redesigned labels and it was very stressful but it’s thankfully done! The shop is reopen and I have lots of current stock. *celebration dance* If you’re interested, you can check out the shop at novelheartbeatcreations.com!
I’ve been doing so much that time is just FLYING. I’ve been keeping myself busy maintaining the house and trying to juggle both jobs and all my hobbies too. The highlight of the month for me though was that I got a a Fitbit! I have started the journey toward losing weight and maintaining a healthier lifestyle. I’ve been exercising regularly and going on walks as often as I can. I also bought an elliptical! It hasn’t arrived yet, so I’ll talk about that in next month’s post. I’m really proud of myself for how well I’ve done this month and I can’t wait to continue on this journey!
The Fitbit has been an amazing companion in keeping me on track, I highly recommend! I wanted the Alta because of the display, but sadly I needed a waterproof one so I could wear it at work when I’m bathing dogs. No point in spending $100 on something I can’t wear 5 days out of the week. I ended up going with the Flex 2 – no display but it’s AWESOME! It’s super small and comfortable for wearing 24/7. It can also go into fancier bracelets and even pendants. And it was only $60! It’s been a great investment already.
May Bookstagram Highlights
- Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
- Nyxia Unleashed by Scott Reintgen
- Inferno by Julie Kagawa
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- #murdertrending by Gretchen McNeil
- Into the Wild by Erin Hunter (not shown)
Okay so I haven’t been reading much lately so 6 books may be a *little* ambitious. But I’d really like to get back to reading as much as I was in the beginning of the year! Also, #murdertrending got bumped from last month’s TBR and It Ends With Us has been on the last like 3 months’ TBR >.< I keep running out of time before I can get to them!
What’s in your mailbox, loverlies? Link me up!
All of those books you read look awesome! I especially want to read the Julia Kagawa one, love her! Happy June!
Ok it’s official, you have THE greatest book stuff I have seen here in blogland, I love all your candles,goodies from The Nerdy Post (which I have got one so far),books, Funko’s I mean you have awesome stuff!! They have Kady and Ezra candles? I have to get them..am currently reading Illuminae!! I love reading your posts and wraps!!
Oooh very nice!!! Lots of goodies in May! Kudos for being able to keep everything together for these monthly haul recaps! I don’t think I would be able to keep such stacks together properly! Hence my weekly ones! Lol!
Hope you enjoy all your new reads (that haven’t been read yet!) and goodies!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
YAY on the Fitbit! It is always good to start a new goal! I can’t wait to read Legendary by Stephanie Garber I hope you enjoy it!