Created by the lovely Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner!
See my 2016 End of Year Survey!
Number of books you read: 20
Number of re-reads: 1.5
Genre you read the most from: Fantasy
BEST IN BOOKS
1. Best book you read in 2017?
2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
There were two:
1) The Dragon’s Price by Bethany Wiggins. I loved her other book, Stung, and Dragons? But sadly, it fell short.
2) All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater. I was sure I’d love it and it just fell flat.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2017?
The Star-Touched Queen and An Enchantment of Ravens! I honestly didn’t think I’d like either of them, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by both!
4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read in 2017?
Still pushing Stormdancer. Always ;)
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best sequel of 2017? Best series ender of 2017?
Series: Tie between the Nahx Invasions and Strange the Dreamer
Series ender: Seeker by Veronica Rossi
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn’t read anything outside of my comfort zone…
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book you read in 2017 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Godsgrave, Zero Repeat Forever, Strange the Dreamer
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
Zero Repeat Forever or Flame in the Mist
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
MISTER KINDLY! But I’ve read him before so next is Eight from Zero Repeat Forever
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
Zero Repeat Forever. STUNNING.
13. Most thought-provoking / life-changing book of 2017?
I didn’t really read anything life changing lol
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
The Star-Touched Queen!
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2017?
“And that’s how you go on. You lay laughter over the dark parts. The more dark parts, the more you have to laugh. With defiance, with abandon, with hysteria, any way you can.”
-Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer
16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2017?
Shortest: Fantastic Beasts (59 pages)
Longest: Strange the Dreamer (528 pages)
17. Book that shocked you the most?
GODSGRAVE!!! That ending whaaaaaaaaa?!?!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Raven and August from Zero Repeat Forever
19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of this year?
Stephanie and Climbs Quickly from A Beautiful Friendship!
20. Favorite book you read in 2017 from an author you’ve read previously?
21. Best book you read in 2017 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure:
The Star-Touched Queen. With the bad reviews I may not have picked it up if Hope hadn’t raved about it!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
August from Zero Repeat Forever!!!
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
Zero Repeat Forever
24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read this year?
Strange the Dreamer. BEAUTIFUL.
25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
Godsgrave, probably. So many snarks!
26. Book that made you cry (or nearly cry) in 2017?
Zero Repeat Forever, Godsgrave, Strange the Dreamer, A Beautiful Friendship, The Last Namsara
27. Hidden gem of the year?
A Beautiful Friendship!
28. Book that crushed your soul?
STRANGE THE DREAMER
29. Most unique book in 2017?
Strange the Dreamer! I have never read anything even remotely like it!
30. Book that made you the most angry (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Dragon’s Price. Throw worthy book -___-
BLOGGING & BOOKISH LIFE
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
I didn’t :( I pretty much don’t blog anymore sadly.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
Zero Repeat Forever
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Sadly I didn’t have any :(
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Getting chosen as a rep for Flick the Wick and Shelflove Crate!
7. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Honestly I don’t think anyone even reads it anymore
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
Zero Repeat Forever
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Flick the Wick monthly candle boxes! Worth EVERY penny!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
By the skin of my teeth. My goal was 20 and I just made it!
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2017 but will be your #1 priority in 2018?
The Empress by S.J. Kincaid
2. Book you are most anticipating in 2018 (non-debut)?
LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff!
3. 2018 debut you are most anticipating?
To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
4. Series ending/sequel you are most anticipating in 2018?
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2018?
I’d really like to read a lot more than I did this year :(
6. A 2018 release you’ve already read & recommend to everyone:
Sadly I haven’t read any. I just started Heart of Iron and Furyborn, and I stopped halfway through Children of Blood and Bone and The Final Six because I wasn’t enjoying them
A closer look at my 2017 stats
I saw Cait @ Paper Fury use these gorgeous pie charts from Canva and made some of my own!
My average rating was 4 stars this year, wow! It’s usually 3.5 or less for the year, so that’s totally awesome!! And as you can see, I leaned hard toward the fantasy genre this year!
Of course I prefer hardbacks! I basically never read paperback unless it’s an ARC or a library book. Looking at the pages is kind of saddening. And you can clearly see my fear of large books XD
Herein lies my problem: I tend to start series and never finish them. Look at all those series starters! Almost everything I read is the first book in a series, but I suck at continuing series haha.
Top ten books of 2017
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa would have made my top 10 too but it was a re-read so I didn’t count it!
Top 5 covers of 2017
(of books I read or started to read in 2017)
I need to catch up on Nevernight and Godsgrave before Book #3 arrives later in 2018.
Great statistics list! I haven’t read Godsgrave yet I will need to check it out.
I need to read Godsgrave and Zero Repeat Forever soon! Happy New Year!
I think I must read this Strange the Dreamer. You know, because I enjoy a good soul-crushing book. I REALLY like that quote. I also suck at finishing out series. I usually get roped into them mid-way through ARCs. I know I have a good 100 to 150 series I’ve started over the last three years. It’s kind of maddening!