- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – I have been DYING to get my hands on a copy of this book, and a few days ago I got an email from the publisher saying they mailed it to me! My UPS Choice tracking says it will be here tomorrow! There will be much flailing and fangirling (and maybe some cover petting) involved. And then I shall have a Nevernight binge until it’s finished XD
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis – Okay first of all, I think this cover is absolutely hideous. I would have NEVER picked this book up just based off of the cover. But I got to read an excerpt of this book through Buzz Books and it was awesome! Plus the ratings are crazy high.
- Disruption by Jessica Shirvington – I’ve been wanting to read one of her books for quite a while, and I recently saw this one on EW, and by a publisher I’m auto-approved for. I skipped it at the time, until I saw that Ashley @ Nose Graze (who happens to be one of my book quadruplets) loved it. So I went and downloaded it!
These were the top 3 voted books in my poll! CoHF won by a landslide (60%); Stars Above, Dorothy, & The Star-Touched Queen were pretty much neck and neck, with only a handful of votes separating them.
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – Okay so I’ve totally had this book since it first came out….back in 2014. I’m just a little behind. But let’s be honest, this book is HUGE. And it’s intimidating, alright?! I actually pulled Lady Midnight from my TBR jar and that was what made me add this to my #makemereadit poll.
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer – I finished the Lunar Chronicles a couple of months ago and I’ve been meaning to read the novellas but haven’t got around to it.
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige – I read a short story by Daniella Paige in Slasher Girls & Monster Boys a while ago and LOVED it! I was really impressed with her story telling so I immediately added this book to my “read asap” list.
Possible buddy reads
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi – I had been hearing amazing things about this book, and the cover is lovely, so I’ve been dying to read it! (Then come to find out it has horrible Goodreads ratings so we will see…) Buddy read: Jade @ Bedtime Bookworm
- Everland by Wendy Spinale – I got this book in May’s OwlCrate and it looks/sounds intriguing! I posted on Instagram to see if anyone wanted to do a buddy read with me and I got a few responses, so hopefully that can happen soon! Buddy read: (IG) @lettriceinsoffitta, @xobrittpitt, @mybookishlife23, @readers.nook
- Soldier by Julie Kagawa – this is a pure pleasure read. (I don’t do many of those!) I finally was able to buy it – it’s been out for 2 months now, I’m pretty sure that’s a record wait time on Kagawa books for me since I usually have them pre-ordered and start reading the day it comes out – because I used up my Amazon Rewards points so I got it for free. I’m more than halfway through it and loving it!
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken – I absolutely loved the Darkest Minds series, and enjoyed Passenger, so I’ve been wanting to pick this one up for a long time. Lo and behold, I pulled it from my TBR jar last week! Yay!
- Air Awakens by Elise Kova – I saw people raving about this book all over Instagram, and it has amazing ratings. I was going to get it from my library, but they don’t have it!! (That doesn’t happen very often. I was heartbroken.) I didn’t have the money to buy it, so I forgot about it for a while. Then, I found it on Amazon for $1.99 for Kindle! I hope it lives up to the hype, I’ve been jonesing for a great HF series to get into!
I’m super excited for the Make Me Read It Readathon! 11 books for the month may be a little ambitious for me since I’ve only been reading about 6 or 7 books a month recently, but I’m sure going to try. I’ve already almost finished my first book of the month, I know Nevernight will be finished within 24 hours, and the readathon will help too. Wish me luck!
What books do you plan to read this month?