See the full list of topics HERE.
Last week’s topic: Bucket List
Topic suggested by Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading
I have many minor annoyances on a daily basis (most at work, ha). Having a short temper probably doesn’t help!
- Slow people. This is one of my biggest gripes on a daily basis. I am a very fast paced person in all aspects of my life. I’m may be on the lazy side and I procrastinate, but I am NOT a slow mover. I am a fast walker, a fast driver, and a fast worker. Being held up drives me CRAZY!! I can’t stand it when someone slow won’t get out of my way. Especially in the car (we’ll get to that in a minute). And slow moving people at work…don’t even get me started on that! There’s nothing worse than doing 75% of the work because the other person is moving slower than molasses.
- Girls wearing leggings as pants. It doesn’t seem like a big deal to some people, but seriously this disgusts me. They are NOT pants, ladies! Cover your ass!! Nobody needs to see your lady parts! (Clarification: I am perfectly fine with them used underneath something, like a long shirt, tunic, or even a skirt. As long as your ass is covered!)
- When people chew with their mouth open. I hate when I’m trying to eat and someone is making vomit-inducing smacking noises with their mouth. Ew. I’d like to keep my last meal in my belly, thanks.
- When people tell me I have an “attitude” because I’m straightforward. It’s not my fault you can’t handle the truth. Just sayin…
- People who get a dog and don’t do anything to train it. This is a personal pet peeve as I work at a vet. There is nothing worse than a 90 lb rott that has zero manners on a leash and literally drags you out the door! Teach your dog how to walk on a leash! And it’s appalling how many dogs we get that don’t even know how to sit. Seriously?!
- Feet/hands rubbing on carpet. I know it’s weird, but this is like nails on a chalkboard to me! It makes me cringe and actually makes me want to gag (just thinking about it makes my skin crawl). I can’t stand the feel of carpet either!`1
Because there’s so many things that piss me off on the road that I need a separate list just for driving. I’m having trouble coming up with things right now, but I’m sure I’ll think of more after I post.
- Slow drivers. Like I said above, I HATE being held up. I consistently drive 5-10 MPH over the speed limit, so being stuck behind someone going 5 under or more makes me absolutely bonkers.
- People who drive slow and then get pissed and try to race you when you pass them.
- People who brake check you for being too close when they’re driving 10+ miles under the speed limit.
- People who drive slow in the FAST lane. It’s called the fast lane for a reason. Just move over. Even worse is when you flash your lights at them for driving 5 under in the fast lane and they slam on their brakes and proceed to start yelling and screaming at you. Do you not understand the concept of a fast lane? It’s really not that difficult!
- When people drive terrible and then act like it’s your fault. There’s nothing more annoying than honking at someone for almost hitting you and then having them freak out, honk back and make obscene gestures, and almost cause another accident. How dare you honk at them for being an idiot! At least when I do stupid things on the road I have the decency to send an apologetic wave and mouth “sorry” to the person honking at me, instead of flipping them off.
- When people use a TURN lane for merging. What if someone wants to use that lane to, you know, turn?
- Yo-yo driving. What am I talking about? When you’re driving on the highway and someone next to you keeps speeding up and slowing down. If you can’t keep your foot steady on the pedal, use the damn cruise control!
What pisses you off? Make your own post telling everyone about your pet peeves and link up :)
Next week’s topic: 101 things you love