- Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff – First of all, there’s no Jay book I would never NOT want desperately to get my hands on. Second, I’m not normally a fan of vamp books so I am DYING to see what Jay does with it! Change my mind, mister Kristoff!
- TRUEL1F3 by Jay Kristoff – The ending of DEV1AT3 was KILLER! I need to know what happens!
- Aurora Burning by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – Um, Aurora Rising was AMAZING and I neeeeed answers! And closure!
- Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda – ASIAN. FANTASY. Please don’t let me down!
- House of Dragons by Jessica Cluess – DRAGONS!!! Ahhhh I need this in my life ASAP!!
- We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal – I loved We Hunt the Flame, can’t wait to see what happens to my beloved zumra!
- This Vicious Cure by Emily Suvada – I am DYING to see how this series ends!
- Forest of Souls by Lori M. Lee – Spider King! Ancient forest possessed by souls!
- Notorious Virtues by Alwyn Hamilton – THAT COVER! I loved Rebel of the Sands, can’t wait for this one!
- Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar – DAUGHTER OF A STAR! Celestial court! The premise sounds amazing!
- The Seventh Sun by Lani Forbes – I freaking LOVE stories about gods! Sign me up!
- Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano – People are immortal physical embodiments of seasons. AND THEY KILL EACH OTHER. Um, awesome?!
- Burn by Patrick Ness – DRAGONS. I hope the fact that it’s historical doesn’t ruin it…
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa – ok, so I was a little let down by Soul of the Sword, but I still need to see how it all ends!
- Set Fire to the Gods by Kristen Simmons & Sara Raasch – I adore Kristen! I hated Snow Like Ashes, but I’m hoping these ladies will kick some ass together. And like I said above, I love stories about gods!!
- Don’t Call the Wolf by Aleksandra Ross – Golden dragon! Horde of monsters! Dragon slayers!!! Gimme!
2020 releases I’ve already got my hands on
2020 releases I’ve already read
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace – ★★★★
- Ashlords by Scott Reintgen – ★★★★
LOOKING BACK AT MY MOST ANTICIPATED 2019 RELEASES
- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – ★★★★★
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – ★★★
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson – ★★½
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – ★★★★½
- Give the Dark My Love #2 by Beth Revis – Still haven’t read, oops
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen – started to read, lost interest
- Stain by A.G. Howard – ★★★★★
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – DNF
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu – ★★
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte – ★★
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan – DNF
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – DNF
- Tarot by Marissa Kennerson – still haven’t read
- Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith – still haven’t read
Sooo…as you can see, some were great, some not so much. I need to read the ones I haven’t yet! I actually got the audio of Spin the Dawn because it’s narrated by Kim Mai Guest (aka Aurora in the Aurora Rising audio)! I kinda lost interest in reading the others :(
What are YOUR most anticipated 2020 releases? Are there any you’ve already read?