- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – I am SO EXCITED to see what Jay and Amie are going to do next!!
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – Um, that ending of Godsgrave?! I NEED ANSWERS, MAN.
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff – AND that ending of Lifel1k3?!
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – Another doozy of an ending!! I need to know what happens!
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson – That cover is GORGEOUS, and the synopsis sounds so intriguing! Magical elemental crows?! Yes please!
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – Hafsah is a wonderful person, and it’s an Arabian fantasy heck yeah!
- Give the Dark My Love #2 by Beth Revis – The last half of the first book was SO INTENSE and I’m pretty excited to see Nedra embrace the darkness! (What does that say about me?!)
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen – THAT COVER! And also it sounds interesting – crow caste?! Gimme!
- Stain by A.G. Howard – I loved her Splintered trilogy, so I’m excited for another retelling!
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – Asian fantasy! Mulan retelling! Sign me up! And it’s #ownvoices too!
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu – Another #ownvoices Asian fantasy!! I am so ready!
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte – Brutal murders and espionage AND a gorgeous cover!
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan – The hype for this book is INSANE, it’s making me want it even more!
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – Yet another #ownvoices Asian fantasy!! I am so desperate for more Asian fantasy, I’m so excited there’s so many coming out next year!
- Tarot by Marissa Kennerson – Omg, a book about the tarot cards?! How awesome is that!!
- Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith – The cover is SO stunning!! Please don’t be a generic fantasy *crosses fingers*
2019 releases I’ve read already
- A Curse So Dark & Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer – ★★★★½
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto – ★★★½
- Ship of Smoke & Steel by Django Wexler – ★★
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller – ★★½
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – ★★★★★
I recently got Storm Crow, Stain, Descendant of the Crane, and Wicked Saints so I am PUMPED to start reading those in the next couple of weeks!!
LOOKING BACK AT MY MOST ANTICIPATED 2018 RELEASES
- LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★+
- Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – ★★★★
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – ★★★★
- Inferno by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★★
- ISAN by Mary Ting – DNF
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – ★★★★
- Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Tahereh Mafi – ★★½
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – ★★★★
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – haven’t read yet oops
- Sanctuary by Caryn Lix – ★★★★½
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastion – DNF
- Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – ★★★
Other than a few disappointments, my most anticipated releases for this year turned out really well!
A lot of these look so wonderful! I’m just so stoked for A Curse So Dark and Lonely. It’s one of my most anticipated! I also really want to read Aurora Rising; that description sounds phenomenal, and I haven’t read a book by either of these authors yet. Wicked Saints, The Storm Crow, and We Hunt the Flame are also on my radar!
Ohh I hope you love it as much as I did! I’m so stoked to see what Jay and Amie do next. So many awesome 2019 releases!
I can’t believe I forgot the AG Howard book in my list. Didn’t realize Give the Dark My Love was going to have a sequel, guess I need to read it! I love how you went back to look at your 2018 most anticipated. Now I want to do that myself! You can check out my top 10 2019 anticipated books HERE.
I’m also looking forward to Aurora Rising, because those to work so well together. It’s going to be amazing! I too have been swept up in the hype for Wicked Saints! I hope you enjoy them all, though!!