- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – I am SO EXCITED to see what Jay and Amie are going to do next!!
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – Um, that ending of Godsgrave?! I NEED ANSWERS, MAN.
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff – AND that ending of Lifel1k3?!
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – Another doozy of an ending!! I need to know what happens!
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson – That cover is GORGEOUS, and the synopsis sounds so intriguing! Magical elemental crows?! Yes please!
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – Hafsah is a wonderful person, and it’s an Arabian fantasy heck yeah!
- Give the Dark My Love #2 by Beth Revis – The last half of the first book was SO INTENSE and I’m pretty excited to see Nedra embrace the darkness! (What does that say about me?!)
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen – THAT COVER! And also it sounds interesting – crow caste?! Gimme!
- Stain by A.G. Howard – I loved her Splintered trilogy, so I’m excited for another retelling!
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – Asian fantasy! Mulan retelling! Sign me up! And it’s #ownvoices too!
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu – Another #ownvoices Asian fantasy!! I am so ready!
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte – Brutal murders and espionage AND a gorgeous cover!
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan – The hype for this book is INSANE, it’s making me want it even more!
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – Yet another #ownvoices Asian fantasy!! I am so desperate for more Asian fantasy, I’m so excited there’s so many coming out next year!
- Tarot by Marissa Kennerson – Omg, a book about the tarot cards?! How awesome is that!!
- Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith – The cover is SO stunning!! Please don’t be a generic fantasy *crosses fingers*
2019 releases I’ve read already
- A Curse So Dark & Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer – ★★★★½
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto – ★★★½
- Ship of Smoke & Steel by Django Wexler – ★★
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller – ★★½
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – ★★★★★
I recently got Storm Crow, Stain, Descendant of the Crane, and Wicked Saints so I am PUMPED to start reading those in the next couple of weeks!!
LOOKING BACK AT MY MOST ANTICIPATED 2018 RELEASES
- LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff – ★★★★★+
- Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – ★★★★
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown – ★★★★
- Inferno by Julie Kagawa – ★★★★★
- ISAN by Mary Ting – DNF
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – ★★★★
- Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Tahereh Mafi – ★★½
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – ★★★★
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – haven’t read yet oops
- Sanctuary by Caryn Lix – ★★★★½
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastion – DNF
- Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – ★★★
Other than a few disappointments, my most anticipated releases for this year turned out really well!